All this is new to me…
Posted: 11 January 2010 08:19 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-01-11

This is all new to me so please help if you can.
I am looking to move from the UK end of 2010 and carry on working from a home (by internet) or retire early (not too certain about not working) but want to carry on with interests such as specimen course fishing (carp), snow skiing, watersports (sailing), hill walking, etc.
Looking at the map of Spain I think the north of Barcelona might be ideal, closeness to the river Edbro and Andorra, and perhaps a less hot climate than the south, especially if we can find a location in the hills.
The bay of Roses looks interesting but I don’t know of any reports on this location, only Loret-De-Mar from many years ago and that was just Beer and Chips!!! UGH.
Should I be considering a new build or a deal from someone who is looking to get out due to the economic climate, as an example?
I was thinking of doing a few quick trips to check out several locations but would benefit from recommendations.
Thanks in anticipation.
Josh.

Posted: 12 January 2010 05:37 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Yes, Loret de Mar is kinda trashy. But between Loret and Roses is the real heart of the Costa Brava and certainly one of my favourite places on Earth. I love those little towns with the tucked away beaches, great food and restaurants and breathtaking cliffs.

Not sure about the carp fishing. Do they have carp in Spain?

Lots of hills, sailing and skiing (Pirineos) there.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.