Community hell..please help :((
Posted: 13 January 2010 04:01 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2010-01-12

Hi all..I live in Spain for 3 years,bought apartment from complex,which used to be apart-hotel.Get to know all my neighbours,a bit way of living and costs in Spain.We wanted to form community for our block last year,but owner of complex and director making all process impossible for us..as many of my neighbours live in UK,we could not do much.I paid my maintenance for 2007,2008 in time,but when in 2009 I asked director if they could explain for what Iam paying,and if I could see bills..bomb exploded.In 3 years we never had any meetings,we never been explained where exactly money gone.Now,finally we had inaf..3 of us agreed,that we will pay 2009 maintenance(or community charge) only when we see for what we paying.We talked to director and owner,we send them letters,e-mails..only copy we got,was insurance copy..wich was 922 for yearfor block,but in cost list they charging us 1800..Now we definitely wold like to see all bills,because we paying over too much.
Now we have first meeting,and director said that we not aloud to vote,(Horizontal Law 15.Nr.2),because we didnt pay.I know it is correct,but is it any law,who makes us pay,without knowing for what?‘I never refused to pay,only wanted to see my bills..it took year,and we still in dark.
Can someone help me please with advice,before our FIRST community meeting..Thank u!!
Sanita

Posted: 14 January 2010 10:12 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  65
Joined  2009-10-06

hope this helps?

http://www.marbella-lawyers.com/articles/showArticle/spanish-comunidad-de-propietarios

Signature 

NRG Photography, provides wedding, creative and portrait photography in Andaluc?a, Spain. All photos are for sale and commission work is undertaken. http://www.nrgphoto.eu

Posted: 15 January 2010 05:05 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

yes are Community bill has gone up aswell , why 1 power bill was up on last year by 6000 euros on last year (tdt system Public lighting , cctv system , alarms system , KeyPad Password Manager system computer system , lan system in the building . 2 we now payying of 5 apartments that can aford there year bill . 3 buildings insurance and pool area insurance . has also gone up . 4 wages gone up . in total we been hit by 16,000 euros this year thought we have gates , cctv , alarms , Access Control system . it all add up very fast here .
jurdy

Posted: 18 January 2010 06:54 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2010-01-12

Thank you Happy.smiler..link you gave me is very helpfull..Now printed out all Horizontal Act,writing LAST letter to my director..asking her last time to co-operate and provide me all invoices for 2009,I can finally setle my debt..And thank you to all ,who did read..Forum like ours really helps a lot.
Thank you all and fingers crossed for my first community meeting..Sanita