Working on a Student Visa
Posted: 12 March 2007 08:37 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-02-28

Alright… I just spent my summer in Sevilla and while I was abroad I was accepted into a university program in Madrid.  I returned to the States and was issued my visa.  I return to Madrid on the 20th of December… here are my questions.

I know that being on a student visa allows me to work 20 +/- hours.  I have emailed lawyers in Spain on the issues and legalities of working on a student visa but have had no answer. 

I currently have had several offers to teach English, since I have my CELTA and my CELTAYL however, a few of the administrators from the schools have informed me that even having a student visa may not be sufficient to find legal work.  I am confused why and wondered if any one had any insight on that.

Also, what are the steps needed to take to obtain a work permit on a student visa? Any site I can be directed to would be helpful.

Also if anyone knows of a good lawyer in Madrid that speaks English I would be grateful.

Thank you!

Signature 

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you have imagined.
~ Henry David Thoreau