One way van hire to relocate
Posted: 12 March 2007 11:20 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2007-03-12

HI, We are looking to relocate to spain in the near future and wish to take our existing furniture. Any ideas on hiring a van from the uk that we can drop off in spain….any suggestions welcome.
Many thanks
Les and Vicky

Posted: 19 March 2007 03:25 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-03-19

hi
i’m new to this forum and just seen your posting.

i have recently moved over here myself and was debating how to get my bits and bobs over to Spain
myself and my husband came across a family run business based here in Spain who travel back and forth to the uk from Spain carring out removals.

they were very helpful and nothing was to much to ask.
the price was very competative as well. worked out easier and cheaper than hiring a van and we didn’t want to buy one so this was our best option.

their website is http://www.euromover.net

all the information you need is on this site. they also do removals within spain.

Posted: 19 March 2007 07:06 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-03-12

Many thanks, i will check out their website. Didn’t much fancy the trip in a transit myself!!!! :lol:

Posted: 19 March 2007 07:28 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-03-19

i dont blame you i have done the trip twice myself due to taking pets and i dont wish to do it myself again

glade i could be of some help to you.

all the best

Posted: 19 March 2007 07:36 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-03-12

Sounds like I may want to pick your brains a little more…...I also have three cats to move! :ohh: how did you manage to transport your pets damage free??? Thanks so much for your help! 😊
Vicky

Posted: 19 March 2007 08:02 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-03-19

hi Vicky

we have transported 3 dogs over to Spain in the last 18 months and both trips we have had no problems at all.

i think that as long as the pets are up to-date with injections and had the anti rabies injection england don’t care that your taking them with you. its just getting back in. but you can have the blood tests once you are in Spain.

we arranged with the vet to arrange everything for our trip over to Spain and within a week we had their passports the Spanish side never looked at the pets only our passports.

my sister is in the process of getting passports for her dogs and is having problems with her local vet.

I would advise if you haven’t already speak to your vet as the rules change so often its hard to know whats right or wrong.

i think as long as you get them a passport you can take them out of the UK when ever you want it doesn’t have to be within so many months and only one blood test is needed as long as you have the anti rabies every year in Spain. which is what we have done.

I’m sure there is something about pet transportation on the euromover site as well.

kel,

Posted: 19 March 2007 08:14 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-03-12

Thanks Kel,
all help much appreciated! There seems to be so much to sort, but i’m sure we’ll get there eventually! 😊
Many thanks again
Vicky

Posted: 01 April 2007 05:26 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-04-01

Hi there

We may be able to help; we have a small business importing Mediterranean products into the UK and make regular trips down to Spain.  As we travel down with an empty transit van we are always looking for loads or part loads to bring over.  If you are interested just email to .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address).