Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2010-03-02

The description on my NIE says:

TEMPORAL CUENTA AJENA
ANALISTA SISTEMAS INFORMATICOS
NACIONAL

I will appreciate if someone can tell whether I can work in any part of Spain? (this is my first card and I was employed by a Navarra based company)

Thanks

Posted: 03 March 2010 12:22 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  453
Joined  2008-12-30

frozenthrone,
to renew that card, you should be hired for a minimum of six months and you should renew it two months before it expire. so to play safe you should go on working for them until you get the new card and another company hires you.

Posted: 03 March 2010 12:44 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-03-02
aritz - 03 March 2010 12:22 AM

frozenthrone,
to renew that card, you should be hired for a minimum of six months and you should renew it two months before it expire. so to play safe you should go on working for them until you get the new card and another company hires you.

Hi Aritz… thanks for the reply… just one more clarification though… What if I worked for the first company for 5 months? Can I now work for another company for a similar job (Analista Sistemas Informaticos) in a different province on the same card without renewing it? I still have 7 months before this card expires.

Thanks again…

Posted: 03 March 2010 05:47 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-12-30

frozenthrone,
if you plan to move to another province, you must have the address on that card changed.
the renewal form is sent to your registered employer (navarra employer) and maybe to you to that address.

i read somewhere that the minimum ss contribution would be lenthened to 9 months i haven’t read the the new version yet.
if you are hired by the new company, you will have to go the police station in that area handling issuance of the residence card and permit, to update both your address and employer.

What is your ciitizenship? your passport?

Posted: 03 March 2010 05:52 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-03-02
aritz - 03 March 2010 05:47 AM

frozenthrone,
if you plan to move to another province, you must have the address on that card changed.
the renewal form is sent to your registered employer (navarra employer) and maybe to you to that address.

i read somewhere that the minimum ss contribution would be lenthened to 9 months i haven’t read the the new version yet.
if you are hired by the new company, you will have to go the police station in that area handling issuance of the residence card and permit, to update both your address and employer.

What is your ciitizenship? your passport?

I am Indian… So even if my card says Nacional… can’t I start with the the new employer now and get the address and all changed when the card is anyways due for renewal at the completion of first year?

As per the minimum SS contribution… that shouldn’t be a problem because I already did that for 5months with previous employer and can do the rest with the new one… what do you say?

Thanks

Posted: 03 March 2010 06:06 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-03-02

And one more thing… is changing this address a simple process or does it involve a lot of complications as well?

Thanks

Posted: 04 March 2010 02:04 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-12-30

frozenthrone,
technically your new employer can hire you.  just be sure they really hire you with them contributing to the social security.
if you move to another province,
you will have to go to the junta municipal of your area to register your domicile there (empadronarse).
and with that certificate you go to the police station in your area handling the issuance of you residence card to inform them of your new address and new employer (showing your new work contract).
the renewal forms with your details and tasas will be sent to your new address and employer.
remember you must renew 2 months before it expires.
this is risky situation
the new employer can fire you within the probation period and you cannot do anything about it. that will complicate renewal.

you better talk to a lawyer before you make a move.

Posted: 04 March 2010 02:34 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-03-02

Aritz… thanks a lot for all your help… will consider all these details before taking the decision…