Gold Jewellery
Posted: 24 March 2010 03:36 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-03-24

Hello everyone,
              I am a self-employed jeweller currently working In the U.K. My main interest is making and then selling gold jewellery but I also buy second hand jewellery to sell on or recycle. I’ve reached the age now where I really fancy a change though and a new life in spain has always appealed to me, especially after browsing this forum.

I know that there is a big jewellery industry in Spain and that gold especially is popular. I was just wondering iof anyone could help me with the following questions that I have?

1) how much does the average market stall cost to rent? How do I go about obtaining a trading licence?
2) As my Spanish is limited, I was hoping to initially start up my business in a large, predominantly English speaking expat community. Where would be the best place in southern Spain to do this?
3) As a supplementary form of income I also buy 2nd hand jewellery. Are there any other gold buyers in Spain that do something similar to me?

An answer to any one of my questions, or any advice on where to go to find out more information, would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Richard