Changing filipino driver’s license into Spanish driver’s license
Posted: 27 March 2010 02:09 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-03-27

Since my embassy can not give me information about what is going on about this matter, I have decided to just post and ask here.

It was August 14, 2008 when I read at the Boletin Official del Estado and it should be enforced on the 21st September 2008. It was published at the same time with the Guatemalans. While the Guatemalans are already enjoying there Spanish licenses, until now DGT is not giving us Filipinos any appointment to exchange our licenses. Is there somebody here who has any knowledge why the Spanish DGT don’t give us appointment yet?

Thank you in advance.

Posted: 27 March 2010 03:58 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  453
Joined  2008-12-30

caserofinca222,
have you tried getting an appointment?
what did they tell you?

Posted: 27 March 2010 12:01 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-03-27

I was always told it was not yet enforced. Although it has already appeared at the DGT website, we still need to wait until it is posted again at the BOE.

Posted: 27 March 2010 02:31 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-12-30

caserofinca222

you can find the requierements at the ff url

http://www.dgt.es/portal/es/oficina_virtual/conductores/canje_permisos/?tit=Canje de permisos de conducci?n procedentes de:  Rep?blica Argelina Democr?tica y Popula, Rep?blica Argentina, Rep?blica de Bolivia, Rep?blica de Chile, Rep?blica de Colombia (suspendido temporalmente), Rep?blica de Croacia, Rep?blica de Ecuador, Reino de Marruecos, Rep?blica de Per?, Rep?blica Dominicana, Rep?blica de Paraguay, Rep?blica de Uruguay, Rep?blica Bolivariana de Venezuela, Rep?blica Federativa de Brasil, Rep?blica de El Salvador, Rep?blica de Filipinas, Rep?blica de Guatemala, Rep?blica de Serbia

if the dgt told you that it was not yet enforced, then you just have to wait and keep on calling
in any case you can start getting the requirements and filing in the form to be ready when they tell you can start with the “canje”.

http://www.dgt.es/was6/portal/contenidos/documentos/oficina_virtual/conductores/hojas_informativas/2.40-Castellano.pdf

according to the ff doc updated feb 2010 the philippines is not yet included

http://www.dgt.es/was6/portal/contenidos/documentos/oficina_virtual/conductores/hojas_informativas/CANJE_DEL_PERMISO_DE_CONDUCCION_DE_PAISES_CON_CONVENIO.pdf

just go to website from time to time to see if they have included the philippines in the list.

Posted: 01 April 2010 12:06 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-03-27

Thanks for the information but I have monitored all the links you gave since almost two years now. What only surprises me is that the Guatemalans are now enjoying their exchanged licenses while we Filipinos don’t even hear from our own embassy about the progress.

Posted: 01 April 2010 01:02 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-12-30

caserofinca222,
the progress depends on how the filipino consuls work on this matter. if the consul who handled this matter is no longer assigned in madrid and the one who is supposed to go on with negotiations knows what to do, let alone speak spanish, this “canje” will take a long time to be finally carried out.  i suppose you know what i mean. in any case i was surprised to find the philippines is already in the list updated in february 2010. so, maybe be this year.

Posted: 01 April 2010 01:26 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-03-27

Hi Aritz, thanks for the reply. I’m sure It would take time but the publication at the BOE regarding this matter has only a day difference between Guatemala and Philippines. Do you think Guatemala consuls works better than the Philippines staff? I should think so. I wish Ambassador Bernardo is still around, the story might have been different now. I even read from a paper that Filipino drivers here in Spain are encouraging fellows to boycott the upcoming National election of our country.