Bad neighbours
Posted: 28 March 2010 05:23 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-03-28

unfortunately English like us, our ex-pat neighbours of Mum Dad and 2 sons, caused havoc during the 5 years they lived here, then last October they disappeared (down the road) leaving the house a tip, and, having not paying their Community Fees for the 5 years they lived here.  (They owned the house, whether mortaged unknown).  It now looks as if one of the sons and a friend are moving back to the house.  I am on the urbansiation committee and wonder if anyone knows about the law regarding getting them to court to pay their fees, even though it’s only the son living in the house - who could say that the house isn’t his so therefor he’s not liable??  When they left (to rent locally but our President couldn’t find them!!) they left windows open resulting in the bedrooms being wet through the rainy months and the palm tree which was never trimmed, dropping huge amounts of heavy leaves onto the street.  They also had a dog, who through no fault of her own, had a toilet at the back of the garden, gravel, which was never cleared up by the wife, and therefor stunk.  Sadly they were an extremely unfriendly family unless they wanted something, and we were always neighbourly enough to help but the way they left the house, the way they behaved when living in it, and their unfriendliness gives my husband and I no option but to use every Spanish law in the book to to make sure that once returned they act as responsible people like all our other thankfully neighbours do.  Any help/suggestions will be greatly recieved!

Posted: 28 March 2010 07:01 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2009-11-23
OrihuelaAngela - 28 March 2010 05:23 PM

unfortunately English like us, our ex-pat neighbours of Mum Dad and 2 sons, caused havoc during the 5 years they lived here, then last October they disappeared (down the road) leaving the house a tip, and, having not paying their Community Fees for the 5 years they lived here.  (They owned the house, whether mortaged unknown).  It now looks as if one of the sons and a friend are moving back to the house.  I am on the urbansiation committee and wonder if anyone knows about the law regarding getting them to court to pay their fees, even though it’s only the son living in the house - who could say that the house isn’t his so therefor he’s not liable??  When they left (to rent locally but our President couldn’t find them!!) they left windows open resulting in the bedrooms being wet through the rainy months and the palm tree which was never trimmed, dropping huge amounts of heavy leaves onto the street.  They also had a dog, who through no fault of her own, had a toilet at the back of the garden, gravel, which was never cleared up by the wife, and therefor stunk.  Sadly they were an extremely unfriendly family unless they wanted something, and we were always neighbourly enough to help but the way they left the house, the way they behaved when living in it, and their unfriendliness gives my husband and I no option but to use every Spanish law in the book to to make sure that once returned they act as responsible people like all our other thankfully neighbours do.  Any help/suggestions will be greatly recieved!

Dear Angela

Of course the community of owners can take legal actions against the property owners to get the outstanding community fees paid. The house is liable for the payment of the community fees of the current year and the year before. If would be necessary to find out who are the registered owners of the property and to check if there is any mortgage. You can find out all this information by getting a nota simple from the land registry.

If you need any legal assistance, we would be more than happy to help

Best regards

Javier Moya
MT Legal Abogados