Holiday in Calahonda
Posted: 12 April 2010 04:16 PM  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  192
Joined  2008-03-05

I am coming back to spain for a holiday in Sept and thinking of staying at the Altantic Club in Calahonda.I remember it as being a nice looking resort but i dont know anyone that has stayed there.Can anyone give me some advice on whether to stay there or not.Thanks

Posted: 15 April 2010 03:14 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-04-15

Yet I did not go there any time and not having the idea that hows that resort is but once at the calahonda resort one of my good friend had spent really good quality time with the family in the holidays so soon i will tell you that hows the atmosphere and other details.

Signature 

holiday accommodation melbourne

Posted: 28 April 2010 06:57 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2007-11-01

Hi Pepsi, I am scratching my head as to which is The Atlantic club (I am sure it will come to me eventually!)...
...erm… AT top of of Avenida Espana?! 
Have never personally been inside - looks like your regular apartments with all facilities on site….
But just to give you MO of Calahonda as a holiday destination…
‘Little Britain’ is what we call it locally.  I think Brits outnumber Spanish by 4 to 1 (at least!)....
Supermarkets & Bars/Restaurants locally… but overall my opinion is it is soul less.
No village centre etc.
OK for buses to nearby La Cala de Mijas,. Puerto Cabo Pino not far away. Marbella and Fuengirola good bus service too!
Taxis do a great business!

I guess if you are just looking for sun and an ‘all in ’ resort - there might be worse out there! 😉

Posted: 30 July 2010 01:07 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-07-19

The resort of Calahonda is quite a residential area, but there were quite a few bars and restarauts, we didn’t go the beach at Calahonda but the near by beach of Cabapino was excellant.

Signature 

One stop shop for Spain travel deals