Telitec Internet Settings For Router
Posted: 18 April 2010 11:13 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-04-18

Hi I hope someone can help,

I have just signed up with telitec in Mallorca and have recieved their TP-Link modem, however I have a very good Belkin Wireless router and I thought I could just get the settings from the new router and put them in the Belking one, this is where the problem starts!!

On the back of the router it says Username: admin Password: admin to access router setting on 192.168.1.1 however when I put this in it does not accept it. I can only assume they have changed the password or something.

So my question is does anyone know the settings that I can put in my wireless router to get it working. For me the biggest problem is I have an Xbox 360 and a Wii and neither of these can connect to my 1 port router without unplugging the pc first which is just impractical on a long term basis.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards Richard

Posted: 19 April 2010 06:31 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

So you plugged your belkin wifi router into the new modem and didn’t change any settings right? You shouldn’t have had to touch anything, just plug it in (and maybe restart the modem).

If those user/pass aren’t working, find the reset button on your router and hold it down for 30 sec which should reset everything back to factory settings.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 19 April 2010 11:30 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  196
Joined  2009-06-03
Mourellis - 18 April 2010 11:13 PM

On the back of the router it says Username: admin Password: admin to access router setting on 192.168.1.1 however when I put this in it does not accept it. I can only assume they have changed the password or something.

That Router address is for a D-Link I think; The one you need is ” .2.1” isn’t it ?
http://en-us-support.belkin.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2780

DSB.

Posted: 20 April 2010 07:11 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-04-18

Thank you for all your help, now it is all working perfectly.

Richard