Office accused a friend of forging his roonates signiture to get a empadronament paper
Posted: 11 May 2010 01:00 PM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2008-06-25

Hi

I have a friend who lives with a french couple, they have a 2 kids, both born in Spain and under 18, they are registered in my buddies flat.

So one day they got a letter that said they where going to remove the second kid they got from the empadronament paper unless the kid had ID, they where wondering why they singled out one of the kids, especially the second one, so they asked at school why and the school thought maybe its a way to make sure you get a NIE, so my friend who is basically the owner of the contract, registered at that flat said he would ask since he has been there hundreds of times.,

So he goes and gets a copy of all the people registered to the flat with his NEI,  he shows the application for children born on Spanish territory to get a NEI after been registered with a empadronament paper for a year but he was told only the parents can ask for a individual empadronament document to show a date when they registered to determine if its a year yet for a Spanish NEI an Nationality,  so he was basically given some paper the parents can fill out to allow him to ask for the individual empadronament of the kids living in a flat he himself is also registered too, something everyone was telling him was enough to make him eligible to ask for the papers himself in the first place and that the office normally does not give a father that information if he DOES NOT live with the family in case of a divorce.

Any how he took the application and the mother of the children filled it out, while he shows his copy of all the poeple registered to the flat to the family with the kids living their they noticed the second son was registered as a non EU AMERICAN! so the father was like WHERE IN BLOODY HELL DID THIS COME FROM, made sense becuase after 2 years they remove non EU empadronament applicants from records now, so now they find out the office made a mistake too.

So the mom fills out the documents and gave him all their original ID’S, my friend had to return to the office and correct all the details.

But another interesting thing happens and i rather list it one step at a time.

1-He enters the office, sees the first person who helped him already with someone and a new long line for tickets,
REMIND YOU the first person who helped him never told him to come back to her directly since he had no idea if the paper he had was enough info the first time.
2-he gets a ticket he realized the number was called before he even had the chance to sit down
3-He goes to the desk with the number on his ticket to find a woman still there, so the guard tells him to stand around near by to catch the next turn before she calls a new person.
4-he hands the girl all the documents required, all the french original IDS and all, the paper already had a written letter from the mom and what it was for.
5-the girl from the first time started to call the new girl helping my friend via the phone, she was actually sitting directly across from her.
6-the new person helping him gets off the phone and says we can not accept this signature becuase it is not the mothers, remind you the first girl who helped him gave him the application yet never seen it filled out YET!

So they basically accused him of forging a signature, he got the manager to tell him the same thing too lol, they went along with the idea even though he is registered in the same flat with the couple and children.

Now after hearing all this the parents did go but to another office by a kids park in the center of Barcelona and did it all within 10 minutes in person, but both the family and my friend now want to filed a complaint demanding who and how decided that he forged his signature and on what grounds can they since police always say its better to get proof of a crime after it happens not BEFORE, the police called it discrimination and advised to file a complaint so the office can address this problem.

The office who handles the complaints said they will investigate the matter and demand a letter in response to it, becuase my friend is registered at the flat, is a adult, can get the same info about everyone else in the flat and it says that even the father could not do this unless he was registered, thats the ONLY reason one can not ask anything about minors regardless of relation.

Thought i share this info with you all because this office allows CATALANS who work their to exercise their CATALAN discrimination in a public sector by dismissing clerks who do not respect the rule of conduct and treating everyone equal, this crap has to stop.