Film/Animation Artist
Posted: 11 May 2010 04:59 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2010-05-11

Hello All at SpainExpat,

I’ve read, it seems, about two hundred articles/posts on this site and found them mostly truly intelligent so i joined today. Thanks
for the hard work. I have learned a lot on this quality site. It seems to never stop! It keeps showing me more!

My question i would like to ask is about the Film and Animation industry in Spain. I am a seasoned storyboard/concept illustrator. I wonder if, with all the great minds i see here, someone might be able to give me some insight into the Film Storyboard realities now in Spain?

I am in contact with a few houses: Does anyone know much about Ilion? Or Pasozebra? Or other companies with good reputations? Is there a film center where generally most productions start? What is the norm for getting freelance or steady work? Are agents necessary or not at all?

You know: what does the film/animation business really look like en Espa?a? I saw your article on extras work(which surprised me, your scope on this site!)but this is a true professional question for me. I have 23 years of experience. I will suppose i can say I’m respected in my profession. There was a mention in that same article on extras that stated a lively Spanish industry overall but, if i remember, that article was a while ago- is the industry faring well now?

My wife, who is Polish, and i will be moving to Spain next year. I have lived in Poland and Italy for a combined three years(and many other countries as well)and we plan next year to make it permanent in the EU, in Spain. My Italian days beat my Spanish into submission but it should bounce back. I’m U.S. American legally, but don’t beat me up for it, i swear i fought the .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address).(from California- Spain’s furthest reach.)

I’m not sure if this is too specific of a question but you guys on this site seem to cover it all somehow. What’s your secret?

Gracias y mucho ?xito a todos ustedes,

Signature