BRINGING A SPANISH REGISTERED CAR FROM UK TO SPAIN
Posted: 20 March 2007 11:10 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-03-20

Hi, my name is Robin and I’m a new member.

I’ve seen a left hand drive car in the UK that I may want to buy and take to Spain when we move there permanently in just under 3 weeks time. As far as I know at the moment the car is about 2 years old and is still registered in Spain. We’re moving near to Torrevieja, and I’m told the car originates from Madrid. What are the advantages and disadvantages of buying the car and bringing it with me? Plus what documentation should I make sure I have to transfer the car into my ownership when I arrive? I do hope someone can help me asap please, many thanks!!!

Robin.

Posted: 21 March 2007 01:31 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2006-04-14

Trafico in Alicante—be prepared to wait in extremely long lines! It is best to ask an automobile importer/exporter for a quick knowledgeable response. Hopefully.

Signature 

What was I doing? Oh yeah, now I remember…

😊-

Posted: 21 March 2007 03:25 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-03-20

Thanks Dennis. The dealership where the car is now actually imports LHD cars to the UK but I wasn’t confident about their information as the guy was very vague. I’ve found some stuff regarding relevant documentation on an Ex-Pat website, so I’m going to email them with a list of stuff in the morning so that they can tell me what they have before I set off. I’ll also try to find a company that sends cars the other way to see if they can help. Thanks again, Robin.