Mistake on visa C that cost me a lot
Posted: 18 May 2010 12:38 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-05-18

Dear all,

a few days ago I had really bad experience with spanish embassy in Sarajevo (Bosnia and Herzegovina). The visa was given to me, but with, at glance minor, but at the end major mistake. I asked to get visa from 07.05.2010 till 27.05.2010 and I got visa from 07-05 till 27-05 but year was 12 not 10! Means I have got visa for 2012 year not for 2010. It is obvious printing error but I couldn’t enter the plane. I point out that error was very hard to notice not just for me but for many people. I must also say I did everything that spanish embassy asked from me, payed everything but when I called embassy from the airport they blamed me for not looking! I also asked to stay in Spain (Barcelona) for 8 days and Number of days I got in my visa was 6. I complained right there in embassy and they told me it doesn’t matter, that nobody looks at that information and that visa is ok. I read here on this web page (Topic: The Schengen Visa: Staying in Spain and the Schengen Area) that this information should be obeyed.

My husband and I missed our plane, payed for not coming to hotel etc.

I am very dissapointed in what is going on, that embassy take no responsibilities for their mistake. I wrote them a letter last week and still waiting for answer since nobody wanted to talk with me when I came to complain to spanish embassy in Sarajevo.

Maybe this is not good place for taking advice, but I really respect Spain as a country, an EU country, and writing you as normal citizen that only want to visit Spain as a tourist and to have a nice vacation, and asking you if you maybe know do I have right to get at least money refund or can embassy do anything to correct their mistake?
I would appreciate if you tell me what are duties of the spanish embassy, can they be punished for not doing their job correctly, as we are all when making mistake and not willing to correct it so that end user/customer suffer?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,
Sanela Bajramovic