Be nice im New
Posted: 25 May 2010 03:49 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-05-25

Hi EVERYONE,

My name is Rhodes and i have recently moved to Spain with my girlfriend. We are both South Africans and our plan is to settle and live here for a year or so before moving on to another part of the world. I am 28 and and my girlfriend Emma is 25.

We are currently looking for work in various places but could do with some help… We don’t speak any Spanish so we need to find English speaking jobs. Where is the best place to look?

Back home i was the General manager of a recycling company called Whole Earth recycling. I started the company and grew it from a small one man business to a larger 30+ person business which is still growing and running successfully.  Emma was an art director for the largest travel company in SA and has vast experience in Design and marketing.

We both have degrees in Advertising/marketing.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce my self and say hi. I’m sure it will be great to get advice from people who have been in our position. Any help, guidance and advice is welcome.

I look forward to speaking to all of you.

Rhodes

Ps: if you read all this you might as well leave a comment!  😊

Posted: 25 May 2010 08:30 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2007-09-01

The best place to find English speaking jobs is probably in England 😊

Posted: 25 May 2010 09:17 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

well to spain , and hope you fine jobs but to say it hard . jobs are few at this time due bad turn down in the world , Rhodes and Emma you need to look at all the english papers around spain , word off mouth aswell

i pm u there so get in touch

Jurdy

Posted: 28 June 2010 09:01 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-06-28

OK I know . Thank for sharing . I like it very much . I love Barcelona :X

Posted: 28 June 2010 10:05 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2010-06-22

The work situation is generally difficult at the moment. From what I hear one place where there is still plenty of work, especially for English speakers is Gibraltar. I know a number of people who live in Spain, but commute there to work. Worth considering, depending on what type of place you want to live and how far you are prepared to travel.

Signature 

Architects and Eco Construction, Malaga, Marbella, Granada ..
http://www.ecovidainternational.com