Open air cinema Sala Montjuic BCN
Posted: 01 July 2010 09:09 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-07-01

Hey everyone,

I am a big movie fan, especially original versions, and a friend told me about this open air cinema at the Montjuic Castle, which seems like an awesome idea!

So I did some research and came across a website called El Grupazo (http://www.elgrupazo.com) that is selling tickets for only 1 Euro. Sounds like a sweet deal…

Well, considering though I’ve never been to the cinema nor have bought anything from that site, I was wondering whether anyone else has some experience!?

Thanks in advance!

Mahalo

Posted: 01 July 2010 09:23 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

I’ve done open air cinema before and it was truly a special night. Wish I had more time to get up to the castle to see them. If you have the time and the means to get there then I highly recommend it. The tickets for a euro seem legit, though I believe I purchased mine at the castle itself (probably for more than 1 euro).

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 01 July 2010 09:54 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-07-01

Yea, apparently the regular price for the tickets is 5 Euros, so this is quite good.

I just bought a couple of tickets and already received them by email so yes, it is legit!

Can’t wait to go!!

Posted: 01 July 2010 10:52 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  738
Joined  2008-06-23

My town in CDS used to have the cinema on the beach, for free.

Is normal in most towns around that area, now the crisis has hit they have stopped it, but the town 3 minutes away still continues.

I wouldn’t recommend the free ones though if you want to see a movie uninterrupted though, most of the peeps would move after 10-15 minutes or start talking to friends around, plus the noise from the traffic, the sea, poor sound and the air blower feeding the air into the blow up screen didn’t make it very good, which is why people didn’t sit still for long.

For an experience its ok, thats about it.

Signature 

“I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.”

Posted: 07 July 2010 06:11 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Well, the cinema at montjuic is a hell of a lot better than what you’ve described here Santi. 😊

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 07 July 2010 02:15 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-07-05

I have visited cinema many times.Big screen is one of real entertainment for us.Recently I have watched very famous movie “AVATAR” in Cinema.It was breathtaking in cinema.scenes looks as we are in paradise.Must watch it in Cinema.No doubt you will really enjoy your cinema visit.