Beware of Oxford TEFL
Posted: 06 July 2010 08:13 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-07-06

Just wanted to warn anyone thinking about attending the English teacher training school in Barcelona called Oxford TEFL. In my opinion it is a total scam. I paid well over a thousand dollars to take the course. When I got to Barcelona, I took a few of the classes (which were ridiculous—it was like taking an elementary school class) and was very disappointed. I did not want to take the course at the time because I thought the quality was so poor. The director refused to give me even a partial refund but told me that I could finish the course at a later date. I was very angry, but thinking that someday I would return to Barcelona, I would probably use it later. This was 6 years ago, and granted that a lot of time had passed, I was recently refused admittance despite the fact that the director never gave me a time limit. They told me that I did not have any proof that the director gave me his word!! Thus, I basically gave the school nearly $2000 and received absolutely nothing in return.

Posted: 16 April 2011 08:49 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2011-04-09

I’m researching course providers and was wondering if anyone else has had any experience with TEFL OXFORD in Barcelona.