How to get refund - really!!
Posted: 20 August 2010 04:50 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2010-08-20

I too went through hell with telefonica when we moved to the house we bought here a few months ago.  The vendor promised we could have the line but used a provider so when we moved in we had a line but couldn’t make calls, she claimed she had informed telefonica.  We called the English service centre and asked for the line - no probs, gave NIE and bank account, all sorted we thought.  A few days later the line was cut off.  When we told a neighbour we had no phone she immediately phoned telefonica - the Spanish help desk, and they said the line was disconnected.  We had to pay for reconnection - unless we had internet, which we needed so we agreed.  A few days later we got a new line, a few days after thet an engineer arrived to install broadband.  Now the fun really started, they had sold us 6Mbps - which I had doubted at the time.  The Engineer could only get 1Mbps - fine I said, that will do just leave it!  But he wouldn’t. so he cut off broadband and a few days later the line was cut off.  What happened form then on was a complete farce, we had a line, we didn’t have a line, various help desks said we had an order in, or we didn’t.  After weeks of frustration and numerous calls finally we contracted just for a line and were told there would be no installation fee because it was their fault we couldn’t get 6Mbps.

We got a line and all seemed OK until the bill came - we had been charged for installation.  I phoned the help desk and they said they would refund it, when they didn’t I phoned again and was told ‘the management’ had cancelled the refund because we hadn’t bought broadband.  Now so far I had been calm, but at this point I decided there was nothing to loose, I explained to the person I was talking to that what I was about to say was not personal, that she should write it all down in an email to her manager.  Then I poured out a torrent of abuse, told her telfonica were the laughing stock of Europe, that even in England everyone knew how bad they were - etc etc.  Didn’t think it would work but it made me feel better.

Within a couple of days I had a refund in my bank account and a letter from telefonica admitting they made a mess of it, apologising and promising to do better - none of our friends believed it!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have learned three things.

1.  The English and Spanish help desks have no means of communication, they do not have common systems, use one but not both, if you need to work in English don’t get helpful friends to phone them in Spanish - it will make matters worse.
2.  They will happily sell you broadband packages at speeds they cannot attain but, unlike England, if you contract for 6Mbps and can’t give you it they won’t just connect whatever is there - you will get no service at all.

3.  When all else fails shout - at least uou may feel a bit better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!