Electric bill
Posted: 30 August 2010 06:00 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-08-30

My landlord just informed me that I need to pay extra for my electricity for Juli. I believe there must be something wrong with the meter readings. I can’t possibly have used that much.

He then said that 15? of electricity is included in my contract. I speek and read very little spanish, but I understood the contract as having 30? included.

I have included the relevant section below, can someone tell me who of us is right?

Se recuerda a ambas partes que los suministros de agua y luz correr?n por cuenta del arrendador, pero con un tope de 30 euros de agua y 30 euros de luz, ambos importes bimensuales, pasado este importe el arrendatario deber? pagar la diferencia.

edit/ I think I posted this in the wrong topic.

Posted: 30 August 2010 08:13 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2009-01-26

i read it as a limit of 30 bi-monthly.

but if the landlord is now receiving the bills monthly, by his logic that gives you 15 euros a month.

Signature 

Costa del Sol property
Costa del Sol Blog

Posted: 30 August 2010 10:17 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-08-30

Thank you for the answer.

Now I’ll try to contact the electrical company, that’ll be fun 😉

Posted: 31 August 2010 03:12 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

15? per month just about covers the monthly standing charge for a normal type property. In reality, the true total costs per month for a residential property occupied 24/7 are normally in the region of 100? per month.

Our cheapest bills, normally in April-May and September-October are around 80-90?, peak months when heating or aircon is in use can be as much as 150? per month.

Electricity isn’t cheap out here! If you are getting your electricity for 15 or even 30? per month don’t knock it!

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773