I really need some HELP. I’m FRUSTRATED! Please…
Posted: 15 September 2010 10:30 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2010-09-14

I just recently got an application from Newton College (email:newtoncolleges@europe.com) and successfully passed the interview. Now, they said that they have already forwarded the necessary information to the office of ?spainvisa consultant? and I was asked to contact ?Ms. Angela Godoy?. My only concern is that they are asking me to money-transfer 210 euros, so with this, I just want to clarify that this is not a scam, since I?ve been a victim before.

let me tell you the website of the school. I mean I’m not sure if this is their website, but I think it is:
http://www.newtoncollege.org/ingles.htm

and I was asked to contact this:
Atty.?ngela Godoy
E-mail: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de M?laga,
Col. N? 4210, Espa?a.

Now, .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) gave me this message:

Required document Spain residence visa.
? Visa Application form (see attached) dully filled out and signed you must submit the following   documents:
? Letter from the company or employer in Spain addressed to the Immigration Office in Spain (“Extranjer?a”) notifying of the approval   for the   working permit and residency visa. (This must be submitted by the company or employer before your visa’s application).  Has been received.
? A scan copy of your signed contract.
?  A scan copy of your Passport valid for a minimum of four months.
? 2 scan copy of a photos passport size with a white background.
? A scan copy of a Police Records Certificate from the country of origin or place of you residence.
? A scan copy of Original medical certificate typed on doctor?s stationary verifying that the applicant is free from any contagious   diseases.
? “Money-transfer” to pay the non-refundable visa fee of ?210 (no personal checks or   cash accepted).

NOTE: All documents must be scan and send via e-mail .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) only.

- - Actually, I’m willing to send the money, as long as it is not a scam. I just really want to know. Thank you so much for the help you could possibly give.

Posted: 15 September 2010 11:12 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  453
Joined  2008-12-30

angeljc,
what is the job offered?

Posted: 16 September 2010 05:54 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-09-14

English Teacher. Is this a scam? Thank you..

Posted: 16 September 2010 06:02 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-09-14

HI there, good day!
- English Teacher, that’s the job offer.
And one more thing, I said I think this is their website :  http://www.newtoncollege.org/ingles.htm
and now, kindly take a look at this website : http://newtoncollege.es/I_version/index.html
The picture of the building is the same.  Of course I think the latter (Laude Newton College) is for real. But I just don’t know with the former (PTA newton college) I’m receiving email from PTA Newton College, because whenever they send me an email, there’s this big PTA NEWTON COLLEGE on the top of their message.
i’m really confused and since their address is the same and I’m baffled onto so many things. Actually,  I would like to fall for this, and now I’m getting frustrated. huhuhuhu ;(

I hope that I can be given a clear answer.

Thank you so much!

Posted: 16 September 2010 10:28 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  453
Joined  2008-12-30

angeljc,
an employer in spain can only offer jobs to foreigners that are in the quarterly catalague of jobs that are difficult to cover.
a teaching job is not in the catalogue.
it is a scam, then.

Posted: 16 September 2010 10:47 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-09-16

Hello Angeljc, I got the same emails from PTA Newton College and the message you posted from PTA was exactly the same email they sent to me. I got accepted too as an English language teacher. they sent me the contract and i signed it and sent it back to them and now they are asking 210 euro for the visa fee and in fact the original fee is just 60 euro, i searched it in the web.

Posted: 16 September 2010 11:51 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-09-14

Well, as what Aritz said, I guess we got scammed. Actually, I was about to fall for it, but then I thought that hey, why would I send 210 euros. good thing you didn’t send money as well Princess..

Posted: 16 September 2010 12:18 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-09-16

When did you apply for the job? i applied last week of August and after few days they scheduled for my written interview in skype. Do you have same experience? did they send you the contract? i am from Philippines. I found their site in chronicle.com website.

I send emails to PTA Newton College and asked about the job if it is genuine or not…Are you from Spain?

Posted: 16 September 2010 02:34 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-09-14

HI Princess, I’m from the Philippines as well.
Actually I received an email from them around August, I think last week of August, and I couldn’t remember where I got them. I meant, I can hardly remember applying to their school though. Yeah, just the same with your case. We had a written interview on Skype, god was I nervous that time! Prior to that, they sent me some stuff like an application form and I had to fill those out. I thought that it was for real. I couldn’t even imagine when they told me that I was qualified and that I’d be going to Spain on the 18th of October. It was just because of the money tranfer that I got dubious. SO i did a bit of research. Kindly visit this site http://newtoncollege.es/I_version/index.html
that site /school is what I think for real. they just copied the address and some of the pictures.
Hay, bwisit no? Hahaha..

Posted: 16 September 2010 08:46 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  738
Joined  2008-06-23

Get real peeps.

Spain is in a severe financial crisis with the largest percentage of unemployed of the EU, they don’t need to recruit in Asia for English teachers or for that matter any foreign country.

There are more English teachers unemployed in Spain than Tapa’s bars and Puta clubs put together.

Signature 

“I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.”

Posted: 17 September 2010 05:44 AM   [ # 10 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-09-14

We have never thought of that. Thanks Santi. Now we learned our lesson.

Posted: 17 September 2010 12:46 PM   [ # 11 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-09-16

thanks Santi^^

Angeljc check this out: http://www.esl-jobs-forum.com/viewtopic.php?p=10266

Posted: 21 September 2010 12:57 AM   [ # 12 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

? ?Money-transfer? to pay the non-refundable visa fee of ?210 (no personal checks or   cash accepted).

NOTE: All documents must be scan and send via e-mail .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) only.

its a scam , why you ask you dont pay any money for Visa

do you rember this

people appointed a lawyer,Her details are as follows:

Bar (Mrs) Mireia Y. Gerstein

Telf:  917692894

Calle Plomo 21, San Martin De la Vega

Comunidad de Madrid

3.Lawyer gave me following details of the account to transfer money:

BANK NAME:  BANCAJA,
BENEFICIARY’S NAME: WEST E 0 SAKUE
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 2077-0425-10-1601796727
IBAN: ES55-2077-0425-10-1601796727