Intercambios and/or clubs in a small town
Posted: 11 October 2010 01:30 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-10-11

Hello Everyone,
I am a brand new member to this site and am very please to be one.  I just moved to Spain as an English Professor for an Official Language School in Arnedo, La Rioja and also an Adult Language School in Calahorra.  The job is through the government and I am living in Calahorra.  I have just arrived (it’s been about a week) and I am admittedly am having a bit of a hard time.  The last time I spent a significant amount of time in Spain was when I was in University, which was about 5 years ago so my level of speaking and comprehension isn’t exactly where it should be, plus when I was in University I didn’t really have any trouble meeting people and/or finding people with whom I could speak Spanish.  The point of my post is not to complain, so I apologize.  What I am looking for is ideas or any information about finding clubs or intercambios in my small town of Calahorra.  I have gone to the tourist office but didn’t find any information about clubs and also have been corresponding with my boss who was helpful but alas I am still trying to figure out the best way in which to meet people.  I plan to post an add at the school where I will be working about an intercambio and possibly about giving private English lessons but I thought maybe someone could offer me more advice.  Thanks

Posted: 22 November 2010 10:44 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-11-22

I live in logro?o. I am teaching in a spanish school in N?jera which is about 20 minutes away. Im quite luck as my flat mates have introduced me to quite a nice group of friends here. I have also join a rugby club which has really helped.

In short if you cant find anything in calahorra maybe try Logro?o

hope this helps