ADVICE MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!
Posted: 15 April 2007 01:35 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-04-15

hello to all,

I am currently researching a move to Spain but am concentrating on the Balearic Island of Mallorca - I would appreciate any advice on offer.  I am due to travel to Palma this July ‘07 for 4 weeks to undertake the CELTA course which on succession will enable me to teach English, ideally I would love a position in Finance as what I am qualified.  I have an 11 year old son who I know is excited but at the same time a bit apprenshive regarding the project and any advice to settle him would be much appreciated and theres also the area of schooling??.
I would go tomorrow if I could but unfortunately more complicated - I want everything in as much order as possible.  I currently study spanish also - really enjoy the class and doing very well but still a long way off fluency!!!
Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to respond.
Carmel

Posted: 15 April 2007 08:37 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hi Carmel,

There are quite a few people who’ve expressed similar concerns about their kids’ transitions to Spain. All of the responses are something along the lines of: “they were better off than we were!”

Check around the forums and the rest of the site. There’s a lot of info about teaching English and bringing kids.

Do you have an EU passport btw?

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 15 April 2007 09:37 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-04-15

Thanks for that - will have a browse around !!!

yes I have EU passport!!!

Ta
Carmel

‹‹ What do you all do?      Hi guys ››