S.L EN CONSTITUCION BUSINESS ACCOUNT
Posted: 28 October 2010 07:38 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-10-28

I urgently need some adivce. I opened an SL en constitucion business account with la Caixa in Barcelona in 2002 with a deposit of ? 3006.00. I would desperately like to retreive these monies. The company ceased to exist from 2003. It never traded or received any monies. All the company registration paperwork has been lost and now live in London since 2004

I neither write or speak spanish and do not have the resources to return to Barcelona to resolve this problem. My branch does not respond to my emails. I contacted the London office of la Caixa and they advised that I give power of attorney to a spanish solicitor. I think the cost of this would be prohibitive

Could anyone please advise me on how I can simply release my money from this account and if I can do this from London

Posted: 28 October 2010 10:19 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  38
Joined  2010-10-28

You should try to obtain your account number. Get over the Spanish problem by using a translator or friend to send a brief letter to La Caixa at the branch you used, the address can be found on the net. Some charges will have been made on the account so don’t expect all you funds returned