born in spain
Posted: 31 October 2010 08:04 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-10-31

Hi
I think this topic has been posted in this forum manytimes before , but i was not able to find any. Anyway, i was born in madrid in 1976. My parents stayed in spain for 4 years after my birth. But they never applied for my citizenship at that time.  Now , i want to apply for my citizenship. I contacted the Spanish Embassy and they told me that i have to live atleast for one year before i can apply.
Now , if i need to live in spain , i need a job . So being an Embedded Engineer , i thought i will not have any problem in getting a job. And i started applying. And the question i was asked is if I am eligible to live and work in Spain ... Now, since i donot have a workpermit , i had to say no.
And I again contacted the Spanish Embassy to apply for a workpermit. And i was told that i will need a job offer before i can apply for a workpermit.
This is getting really funny now ... the companies are ready to offer me job, if i am eligible to work in spain .I guess without workpermit i will not be eligible. And the Embassy is saying , without job offer i cannot apply for a workpermit.
Job offer is required to apply for a workpermit and on the otherhand workpermit is required to get a joboffer.
What do i do now?
I hope there is someone who can give some idea at this stage.
Thanks in advance

Posted: 31 October 2010 11:28 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  453
Joined  2008-12-30

sudimuk,
what is your citizenship?