speeding fines
Posted: 20 November 2010 11:46 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-01-20

I moved house four years ago and neglected to change my address at Trafico. When my UK drivers licence expired, two years ago, I changed it for a Spanish licence at Trafico and in so doing changed my address with them, however, I have not recieved any avisos from Trafico on due dates of taxation since then. I am worried now that I may not be on their mailing list and that I may have outstanding speeding fines. Is there any way of checking if I have outstanding fines?

Posted: 21 November 2010 01:48 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

Not sure about speeding fines but so far as taxation notices are concerned these are issued by your local government authority…Your vehicle’s change of address should be notified to them.

You can do this via

Click on ‘?D?nde se puede solicitar?’ this will open up a window asking for your Province then Poblacion. The poblacion lists those towns in the province where you can change your vehicles address and where in those towns such as the town hall (ayuntimiento)

The following is a Google translation of the documentation required;

Proof of address change: ID card, certificate of residence, census card, etc.. If no change of municipality with proof of sufficient water, electricity, gas, etc.

For Relocation of vehicles from the Canary Islands, Ceuta and Melilla on the Peninsula or the Balearic Islands, provide supporting evidence that the vehicle has cleared customs. If not provide the document will inform the Customs Department.

Documentation of vehicle:
registration certificate (except in case of loss or theft) and ITV card with the recognition effect.

Hope this helps…

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Posted: 21 November 2010 01:59 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-06-15

Buddy…

Since any fines are initially issued against the vehicle, its my guess that any outstanding fines will have gone to the address which appears on your vehicle ownership papers, ie., probably your old address or that which you provided when you bought the car…

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

Posted: 21 November 2010 01:18 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-01-20

Thanks Foxbat, I,ll give it a go. Buddy.

Posted: 22 November 2010 03:44 PM   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  147
Joined  2010-06-04

We just had nearly 400 euros taken out of our account, didn’t know what it was so we went to the tax office. Apparently it was 2 speeding fines that we hadn’t payed. We had never had any paperwork or anything sent to the house so we asked our solicitor to look into it and he said basically there was nothing we could do about it. So rest assured if there are any they just help themselves!!!!

Posted: 22 November 2010 05:16 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-01-20

Thanks for the reply expat, Your experience is better than that of the person that told me that, on trying to leave the country for a two week holiday, he was arrested at the airport for non payment of fines.

Posted: 22 November 2010 10:00 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-06-15

Cazzy,

We just had nearly 400 euros taken out of our account, didn?t know what it was so we went to the tax office. Apparently it was 2 speeding fines that we hadn?t payed.

Just curious…how did ‘they’ know your bank account details?

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

Posted: 22 November 2010 10:48 PM   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  147
Joined  2010-06-04
foxbat - 22 November 2010 10:00 PM

Cazzy,

We just had nearly 400 euros taken out of our account, didn?t know what it was so we went to the tax office. Apparently it was 2 speeding fines that we hadn?t payed.

Just curious…how did ‘they’ know your bank account details?

fb

I don’t have a clue, we had a statement with embargo written on it. The bank didn’t know what it was so we e-mailed it to the solicitor who told us to go to the tax office. They looked it up and told us it was a speeding fine.

Posted: 22 November 2010 11:48 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-01-20

Thanks to all who took part in answering my query, I,m sorted now, I contacted http://www.stop24.es. Took them about two hours, brilliant service. Thanks again. David,