Posted: 02 December 2010 06:03 AM  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2007-11-01

Date: Tue. 15 January 2008 14:30

ALL EUROPEAN LIFE DIED IN AUSCHWITZ

By Sebastian Vilar Rodrigez

I walked down the street in Barcelona , and suddenly discovered a terrible truth - Europe died in Auschwitz .  We killed six million Jews and replaced them with 20 million Muslims.  In Auschwitz we burned a culture, thought, creativity, and talent.  We destroyed the Chosen People, truly chosen, because they produced great and wonderful people who changed the world.

The contribution of this people is felt in all areas of life: science, art, international trade, and above all, as the conscience of the world.

These are the people we burned.

And under the pretense of tolerance, and because we wanted to prove to ourselves that we were cured of the disease of racism, we opened our gates to 20 million Muslims, who brought us stupidity and ignorance, religious extremism, and lack of tolerance, crime, and poverty, due to an unwillingness to work and support their families with pride.

They have blown up our trains and turned our beautiful Spanish cities into the third world, drowning in filth and crime.  Shut up in the apartments they receive free from the government, they plan the murder and destruction of their naive hosts.

And thus, in our misery, we have exchanged culture for fanatical hatred, creative skill for destructive skill, intelligence for backwardness and superstition.

We have exchanged the pursuit of peace of the Jews of Europe and their talent for a better future for their children, their determined clinging to life because life is holy, for those who pursue death, for people consumed by the desire for death for themselves and others, for our children and theirs.

What a terrible mistake was made by miserable Europe .

The above article was sent to me in one of those circular emails. Usually I would ignore such stuff, but on this occasion I was interested to know is this how the average Spaniard views Muslims?

I consider myself an ‘educated’ person, but do not get involved in politics, religion or ‘heavy’ topics as a rule. (Although I do like to be aware of the general feeling on these topics).

I was personally shocked when Lewis Hamilton (and the British black footballer on one occasion) was taunted and booed by the Spanish fans, and it all seemed to do with the colour of their skin.

I have heard that your ‘average’ Spaniard also despises (and is racist against) their native Gypsies (I am not talking about East European Romas, but the native Iberian Gypsy). 
This confuses me as Spain appears proud of its Flamenco and gypsy music and art.

I know this is a huge huge topic, but just wanted to get some reactions to the above article in the first instance.
And any enlightenment on the other bits below too would be welcomed.
SJ

Posted: 16 March 2011 10:58 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  101
Joined  2011-03-15

I’m a little late on this as I’ve just signed up to the site. From what I can make out, the average Spaniard dislikes Lewis hamilton not because he’s black, it’s because he didn’t play second fiddle to Fernando Alonso while Alonso was his teammate. They think Hamilton is a spoilt over-protected brat (just the way I feel about Alonso). The football incident was a case of the Ultras, it does not happen week in week out with all the black players in the Spanish league - or at least you dont see it at Depor matches.

With regard to gypsies, I would say that it was more a case of total indifference towards them.

That’s not to say that the Spanish are used to or understand ethnic minorities. Don’t forget that there was a dictatorship for 40 years, when we in the UK were receiving our first wave of immigration in the fifties and sixties, Spain was emigrating. Immigration only really started here after the death of Franco and grew faster in the eighties after Spain joined the EU. Where I live in Galicia, if I could try to compare attitudes to those in the UK I would say that it’s somewhere between the late seventies and mid eighties. I’m still waiting to see the children of these first wave of immigrants - the Marroquies, Brazilians etc - working in the civil service or in banks - as yet in Galicia I haven’t seen it.