Saying Hello
Posted: 22 December 2010 05:05 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-12-22

I’m planning to move to Spain in March 2011 and at the moment I’m planning to look in the Granada area.

I’m lucky to be self-employed with an internet business so work isn’t an issue and I’ve been learning Spanish like crazy for 5 months. I’m definitely still in the early stages of speaking the language, and understanding Spanish spoken at full speed is still impossible(!) but I’m getting better.

I’ll be coming over in February to find a rental property. Are any other forum members in Granada? Whilst I don’t want to be a little England Brit abroad it would be nice to meet some English-speaking people in what must be the difficult early days.

Cheers

Jerry

Posted: 10 January 2011 12:18 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  46
Joined  2007-06-01

Hi Jerry,

We live 10mins outside of Granada city in Monachil.  Lived in Spain for seven years, four years here.  My husband works from home and speaks very good Spanish, I on the other hand can completely identify with you with the fast spoken Spanish and am always asking them to please speak a little slower, obviously with a great big apologetic smile.

If you need any help, about anything, just yell, more than happy to help in anyway we can!

Good luck with anything. (Actually a friend of ours, living in the Lecrin, has his own internet business too!)

Tata for now
Alicia

Posted: 11 January 2011 06:46 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-12-22

Thanks so much Alicia.

I’ll be sure to touch base with you again after I’ve been over to look at properties. I have just returned from a trip to get my NIE which I was able to do, despite one or two blank looks and misunderstandings at the Oficina de Extranjeros. But it feels more real now, and pretty exciting.

Thanks again and speak to you soon.

Jerry