1 2 > 
1 of 2
Amazon Free Delivery to Spain!
Posted: 28 December 2010 04:01 PM  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2007-11-01

I have received many e-mails from Amazon UK recently informing me that they offer free delivery to Spain on selected orders of ?25.00. I have read through the rules many times and they say that to be eligible you must purchase from Amazon UK and for items offering Super Saver Free delivery.

I have tried to purchase various items mainly in the photographic/computer section complying with the rules for free delivery, but every time I get to checkout, postage has been added. I have e-mailed Amazon to explain why this is happening but have so far received no replies.

Can anyone confirm if they have been able to get free delivery here and what item did you purchase.

Felices fiestas,

Michael.

Posted: 28 December 2010 07:22 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  744
Joined  2009-01-22

I don’t think that they ship some items internationally including PCs and Laptops.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=footer_shiprates/280-2549107-9373802?ie=UTF8&nodeId=492868

I once tried to buy a GPS from amazon in the USA but they would not ship it to Spain - found another American supplier who shipped it no problem.

They are funny people to deal with at times.

I also use http://www.play.com/ their prices inc P&P but you must pay in Euros if you want it shipped to Spain.

Signature 

Rob
http://spainreexposed.wordpress.com/

Posted: 28 December 2010 07:34 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-01

Thank you for your input. I confirm that I tried to purchase an external hard drive (very small) and a compact camera. I have read and re read all the information regarding free delivery to Spain many times, and as yet, I still have not received an answer from Amazon as to why my items had delivery costs and more importantly what items are delivered here free under their latest offer “Free Delivery to Spain”. If I get an answer I will post again.

Michael.

Posted: 29 December 2010 09:07 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-01

Update!

Having sent various e-mails to Amazon without too much success I was able to find the tel n?. for their customer service dept in Manilla. Fortunately it is a UK number and with a deal I have with Skype I was able to chat away and discuss the problem for over an hour. The supervisor in Manilla agreed that there was a problem with ordering from Spain and promised to pass on details of our conversation to the UK.

Surprise, surprise. This afternoon I received a call from one of Amazons senior trouble shooters in the UK who explained that the ordering program that relates to Europe had a glitch. He has assured me that the situation will be rectified ASAP and apologized for any inconvenience. What this means is that hopefully, very soon items sold by Amazon.co.uk with Super Saver Free delivery in the UK will now be delivered to Spain free of charge.

Happy shopping,

Michael.

Posted: 30 December 2010 05:55 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2007-11-01

Thanks for this post DKO… I didn’t know they were offering free shipping on anything!
I am a regular Amazon shopper, but have it delivered to a UK add and collect it when I am there on vactation.

Great to know that one may be able to get it here without the extra charge of postage!
(Just hoping tho they deliver to an apartado as usually it has to be to a house add and that is a real pain as we are
in the campo etc, etc).

Happy days!

Posted: 30 December 2010 01:00 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-01

Susanspain. No problem.  I also live in the campo and they always deliver to my apartado postal. Just make sure in the future that if the item is sold by Amazon.co.uk with Super Saver Free Delivery in the UK you get the same for delivery here.

Michael.

Posted: 26 February 2011 05:31 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-01

I have received many e-mails from Amazon and a weekly telephone call keeping me up to date on the situation. They have now agreed that the problem selecting Free delivery to Spain has been that the system rejected Apartado Postal addresses. I have been assured that within a very short time this will be resolved and they will ship to AP’s on selected items. Selected items relates to Free Super Saver delivery.

Michael.

Posted: 27 February 2011 08:04 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-01

Thanks again DKO. I only have an Apartado as a reliable address!  So let’s hope its sorted soon.

Posted: 28 February 2011 06:11 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-02-13

It would be good if someone can make a post when they have managed to get free delivery to spain.  I use amazon all the time but am put off buying some things when I want a “cheap item” that will then cost me as much in postage.

Posted: 28 February 2011 06:15 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-01

Let’s start a Facebook campaign 😊 *No, I am not volunteering! lol!

Posted: 28 February 2011 07:54 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  138
Joined  2006-11-28

In the run up to Christmas I ordered several times with Amazon UK and got the advertised free delivery to Spain both to my apartado and to my home address. No problems, very quick. (the order was actually despatched from Amazon Germany but I ordered via Amazon UK).

Posted: 04 March 2011 01:46 PM   [ # 11 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-01

Just to confirm that I have received a notification from Amazon confirming that Super Saver Free delivery to Spain is now up and running. During the time I have been sorting this problem out with Amazon I have made many contacts, so if you have a problem please let me know and I will pass it on to the correct person to resolve. Please make sure you read the qualifications for free delivery to Spain and other European countries before ordering.

Michael.

Posted: 22 May 2011 07:00 AM   [ # 12 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-01

Just to update all…
I have just placed my first order (postage free) to be delivered to my apartado here.
They seem to have overcome the adding the postage bit, and all seems to have gone OK with my order.
(Just need to wait now and see how long everything takes 😉 
I have ordered 5 different items, all of which seem to be coming from different places under the ‘Fulfilled by
Amazon’ ‘Qualifies for Super Saver Delivery’. But as I qualified for the Super Saver Deliver, there is no postage added.

The only issue I have so far - but it is soemthing that I guess I half expected -
As the order was originated via Amazon UK, they will only supply a three pin (UK) plug on the electical item.
(It is a small power pack for my laptop, and that part can easily be removed - it is one of those figure of 8 power cables
that we often use here - but with the 2 pin plug).
Customer Services did reply to my email, but expalined that even though the item was coming from Germany (as i had pionted out), it was being shipped as a UK order.

Perhaps I should get onto DKO’s contact and put it to him that it would be good customer service to offer a choice - especially as they seem to want the European business.

Posted: 04 June 2011 05:30 PM   [ # 13 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-01

Just to update all of my experience with first order -
All seemed to go Ok for Super Saver and I was not charged for postage.

Nothing was said on placing order about non-delivery by some carriers to an Apartado, and no specific mention of ‘Special Instructions for carrier’.

The packet arrived at the carrier (not sent via National Postal system and therefore not delivered to my Apartado) on 27th May.
They tried to deliver it next day, but put on tracking info, ‘Address not known’ - basically, as their policy is that it requires a signature they will never deliver to an apartado.
They had no number to contact me on and it was only when I asked a friend who orders from Amazon regularly, she told me which carrier, and that even though she has a house in the village, they never bother to deliver and she gets a phone call telling her to come and collect it from their offices in Fuengirola - (no parking!)

So I took it upon myself to call into the office and lo! there was my parcle that had been sat there for a week (and just about to be sent back as it had been ‘undelivered’). 

I wrote to Amazon and this is what they said:

After looking into your query, I would like to inform you that we use carriers which we have found to provide the best service for our different delivery options.

For UK customers, our orders are delivered primarily by Royal Mail and Citylink for Super Saver, First Class and Express Deliveries. We also use HDNL and UPS, typically for large or high value items.

For international deliveries, parcels are transferred to your local mail system. Express delivery is via DHL and UPS.

Unfortunately it is not possible to select a specific carrier while placing an order as you have requested because our ordering system automatically assigns a carrier to your order when it is ready to dispatch.

Currently, we do not have the ability to assign certain carriers to a specific customer or address but will continue working with all of our carriers to drive improvements for our customers.

We take full responsibility for the delivery of our goods from start to finish and take complaints of this nature very seriously.

We replace any items lost or damaged during delivery at a cost to ourselves and monitor our carriers very closely.

We realise this incident reflects negatively upon Amazon.co.uk and the feedback that you have provided will be used in reviewing the service provided by MRW.

I am very sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations this time around. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

I don’t mind too much having to go collect it IF I GET A PHONE CALL TO TELL ME IT IS THERE -but I am sure Amazon will not be too pleased that this particular carrier told me to my face they ‘Don’t deliver to the campo’. 
MRW….

I would prefer it being del to the post office where I can go any time at my convenience, but I guess for ‘Free delivery’ and good value goods being sent to Spain we have to put up with a few ‘local curiosites’!

😉

Posted: 09 June 2011 11:17 PM   [ # 14 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2011-06-09

I’m in Lanzarote, and frequently use Amazon free delivery. Delivery, via Correos is usually about 6 days, (about the same as letter post from UK)  and as Amazon are part of the VAT refund scheme and Lanzarote is outside the EU for VAT,  I claim the VAT back by e mail as soon as the item arrives. It’s in mmy bank in a matter of hours.

M&S, on the other hand chanrge to deliver here,  and they refuse to give the VAT back.

Posted: 10 June 2011 05:58 AM   [ # 15 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  235
Joined  2007-04-25
susanspain - 04 June 2011 05:30 PM

I don’t mind too much having to go collect it IF I GET A PHONE CALL TO TELL ME IT IS THERE -but I am sure Amazon will not be too pleased that this particular carrier told me to my face they ‘Don’t deliver to the campo’. 
MRW….

I would prefer it being del to the post office where I can go any time at my convenience, but I guess for ‘Free delivery’ and good value goods being sent to Spain we have to put up with a few ‘local curiosites’!

😉

Was quite amusing reading about your dealings with MRW. 😊

I too live in the campo and we have an apartado de correos in our nearest town. All our mail goes to the apartado.

Normally, everything I’ve ordered from Amazon, or anywhere else online for that matter, has gone to the apartado without any problems. That included items from Amazon that have featured in their “free delivery” offers.

I did once have an item that was from a third-party seller on Amazon, which they sent requiring a signature at this end. For some reason unbeknown to me, it ended up with MRW, rather than the oficina de correos. They said exactly the same thing regarding delivery to campo properties, but they did call me the same day they received the package and their office actually wasn’t far from the oficina de correos in our local town. So, I nipped into town an picked up my parcel.

Haven’t had any issues since, as everything else has gone to my apartado. That one occasion I dealt with MRW, they were helpful enough, even if they wouldn’t deliver to my house. That’s why we have the apartado though, as Correos won’t deliver out here either.

By far the most frustrating experience I’ve had with any online purchasing though, was with PayPal. Having had an account with them for around ten years, without any issues ever, last year they became a pain in the backside and I no longer use them.

Basically, after having no issues with my postal address being an apartado for some three years, whilst trying to make an online payment, I found my account had been frozen. I contacted them and they told me that they couldn’t accept a PO Box as a valid address, even though that’s what it had been for three years! They would only accept my “actual” house address, which I explained to them I couldn’t use as a postal address, thus why I have the PO Box/apartado. They simply wouldn’t budge, even though they had every scrap of identification proof, ten years of perfect transactions, three of which were with my apartado address as the registered address… but they wouldn’t budge and couldn’t be more unhelpful if they tried.

The short and tall of it is, I now no longer use PayPal for any transactions. I’ve a credit card from my bank, which I use only for online transactions and haven’t had any issues since. So good is the system with the bank, that it shows any transactions I make, almost instantaneously via their online banking service I have access to.

Signature 

Visit our website - http://www.granadapropertyreform.com

“Dedicated to making your Spanish house a home”

1 2 > 
1 of 2