Catering Supplies around Benalmadena
Posted: 04 January 2011 05:01 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-12-30

We are in the process of purchasing a cafe/bar in benalmadena and was just wondering where restaurants went for their stock and is the price/quality comparable to the uk? thanks

Posted: 05 January 2011 01:36 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2010-12-11

Hi we`ve had a bar for 10 yrs in Fuengirola,we use Freskisol for most of our food supplies,they have a huge selection of English food at very good prices,the service is excellent 2 deliveries a day 6 days a week,7 during the summer and most public holidays,of course there is a host of others if you need contact details let me know

Posted: 05 January 2011 02:31 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-12-30

thats brilliant thanks. What are the prices like?

Posted: 05 January 2011 03:51 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2010-12-11

Freski`s probably the best,we buy milk and oil from Lidl,we use Estrella for all soft drinks and water,pepsi from Estrella is cheaper than pepsi from pepsi,I know it`s crazy but it`s true as we used Pepsi for years Kings foods, Playa foods we use as well but 95% from Freski,J.P.M is good for meat but all the rest he buys from guess who? Freski.  Carne del Sur is a meat supplier and you can order the quantity of the meat you want,we have just ordered 10 steaks at the weight we wanted.The prices are very good but obviously you have to buy a pack of bacon pre weighed costs 10euros box of sausages normally about 80 costs 10 euros.If you want to be more specific let me know

Posted: 05 January 2011 01:07 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-12-30

Thats excellent thanks. Are you pretty busy most of the time or are there lulls throughout the year.

Posted: 05 January 2011 07:12 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2010-12-11

Hi, obviously we are busiest during the summer,we work 12-15 hrs a day 7 days a week to make as much as possible,the winters are normally quiet for us as most of our money is made from food,sunday lunches and daytime specials are the money makers this time of the year,if you can make enough money to pay the bills that`s all you can expect,so far this year it`s been good, last year it rained nearly every day from Dec till March and was a disaster.You`ll never be rich having a bar/restaurant here but you can have a good life if you`re prepared to work,having a bussiness here is no different to England,if I can be of any help let me know as I know how daunting it can be and take all advice with a pinch of salt as there are lots of ‘experts’ here

Posted: 06 January 2011 01:45 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-12-30

You very helpful thanks.