Advice needed on opening a Spanish Bank account
Posted: 07 January 2011 11:48 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-01-07

Hi
I am planning on moving to Spain next week and will be staying with a friend while we look for somewhere long-term to put down some roots. I am self-employed and work for an internet based UK Company.
I am lucky enough to work from home wherever there is an internet connection. I will need to open a bank account for direct debits such as rent and utility bills and from searching around various forums I am leaning towards Solbank, any feedback on this subject?

I e-mailed them for information on opening a bank account to have my salary paid into a Spanish bank account and it seems pretty straightforward apart from the requirement to produce a Certificate of Fiscal Residence.

The fact that I am moving in a weeks? time leaves me precious little time to arrange this before I leave, so I am now faced with sticking with my UK bank and paying charges every time I withdraw money from one bank to pay into another to cover any bills.

When I find a property the landlord will obviously want my bank details, as will service providers, so I really need to get this sorted as quickly as possible.

I would appreciate any advice on the best way to do what I want to do in as simple way as possible and if by chance anyone knows of any 2/3 bedroom houses for long-term rent in and around Benidorm I would appreciate a private message with any details.

Cheers, Kenny