Vodafone ES 3G+ USB Modem
Posted: 23 February 2011 07:59 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2006-12-31

After about 30 months of use in Spain, from Tarifa to Tarragona, we were really pleased with this with unlimited downloads and at not too bad speeds either.
However, for the last three months it has become a complete nightmare! Unreliable in the extreme and
now I think it is time to call it a day.
Has anyone else had similar experiences?
Will Orange or Telefonica be any more reliable?
(We move around a lot so a fixed line is our last choice)

Posted: 23 February 2011 08:58 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

Might just be that in your current location the WiFi mast is U/S for 3G services. Friends of ours had a similar problem here in Granada Province and at first Vodafone stated that 3G wasn’t an option because the local mast mast wasn’t equipped for 3G despite our friends having been using the facility for several months.

Vodafone finally admitted that 3G had been installed at the mast and that yes, the system had failed. A couple of days later a team went out and repaired the installation and all was back to normal. Don’t expect too much cooperation from Vodafone Customer Services however; they toe the party line and basically have no idea of what going on. I dont think the C.S. team are actually based in Spain…

As for whether Movistar or Orange are any better I cannot say because we use ADSL via a fixed Telefonica line.

Just a point and I don’t know if its relevant but our service has also been very poor over the last few months. I have a sneaky feeling that all ADSL services in Spain are heavily oversubscribed and the system cannot cope.

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Posted: 25 February 2011 02:22 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2006-12-31

Thanks fb for your reply.

Guess that we are going to live with it for a while longer!