MOT/ITV Help needed Urgently…......
Posted: 21 March 2011 08:42 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2011-01-04

Hey Guys,

Basically I’ve moved to Spain, Brought my motorbike, Insurance is sorted but my UK tax and MOT are up at the end of the month and i obviously cant get new tax without the new MOT, There’s no way i can afford going all the way back to UK to mot and tax my bike so does anyone know anyway i can get round this? Would appreciate the help soooooooo much!!!

Cheers

Posted: 21 March 2011 09:24 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  138
Joined  2006-11-28

The ONLY place you can get a UK MOT is in the UK. Assuming cars and bikes are treated the same: If you live in Spain you are not allowed to continue to ride on UK plates anyway so going back for tax and MOT then coming back to Spain would be illegal (unless you leave Spain and return to the UK every 6 months even then you are pushing it if you live in Spain). You have to transfer the bike to Spanish plates then pay Spanish tax and get Spanish MOT (ITV). Without tax and MOT, your insurance would likely be invalidated anyway.

Posted: 06 April 2011 09:28 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  38
Joined  2010-10-28

Expatriator has said it all, they would run a car or motorbike through the ITV, charge you happily, but it is of no legal use for a UK reg. motorbike. Go to a Gestor and change plates to Spanish

‹‹ new to Spain.      advice needed ››