Trial
Posted: 19 April 2011 08:53 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2011-03-19

Hello,
I am pretty new to this forum and was hoping that I could get some info from the experts.
We are a family of 3 with one 7 year old and we are going to live in Spain for a year to see if
this is where we want to live indefinitely. We found a nice house by Montefrio to rent.
Now I am a Dutch girl who has been living in Canada for 10 years now. My husband is Canadian and
our daughter has dual citizenship. (I do too) I think we have almost everything figured out but I have
a hard time finding info on cars. My plan was to buy a car in Holland and take it to Spain to drive it there.
If things go wrong and we decide to go back to Canada then at least I can leave it with family. I also hear the
process of buying a used car in Spain is very complicated. I know it’s pretty easy in Holland. What do you think
would by wise to do in our situation.
Another thing is health insurance. Since we won’t be working in Spain I think we won’t be eligible for public health.
I found out that Sanitas offers cheaper health coverage than others like Bupa. Is there anyone out there with experience
with Sanitas or any other insurance provider.
I apologize for the long post. Thank you all so much!!

‹‹ Healthcare in Spain      storage? ››