Internet using a Dongle
Posted: 12 May 2011 09:50 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-05-12

Hello this is all new to me.
I am looking for some advice. Hoping someone out there can help.
I live in the London, I also have an apartment in Villajoyosa. I spend about 5 months there. I would like to take my UK laptop with me. Can any one advice me on the best PAYG isp using a dongle.

Posted: 13 May 2011 04:04 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

johnmichael

Can any one advice me on the best PAYG isp using a dongle.

Its not so much a question as to who is best but who can actually provide decent 3G or 3.5G cover.

You need to check the coverage of the major suppliers to establish who, if any, can provide the level of cover you need.

Vodafone, Orange and Movistar are the major service suppliers in Spain.

Check their websites.

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Posted: 12 June 2011 08:48 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2011-06-05

Does one need to have a certificate of registration/residency in order to get the vodafone usb dongle? that’s what i’ve heard but couldn’t confirm it. asking about vodafone since they seem to be offering the highest speeds with the dongle.

Posted: 12 June 2011 07:59 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

registration of you your passport , nie number r residency is need to get cell number in spain sine 2008-2009 vodafone usb dongle is a data gsm chip used the Mobile Broadband system
highest speeds are in build up area with more cell towers , less towers speed slow down ,

Posted: 13 June 2011 08:46 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2011-06-05
jurdyr - 12 June 2011 07:59 PM

registration of you your passport , nie number r residency is need to get cell number in spain sine 2008-2009 vodafone usb dongle is a data gsm chip used the Mobile Broadband system
highest speeds are in build up area with more cell towers , less towers speed slow down ,

Thank you Jurdyr.
Did you mean “nie number OR residency”?  I’m not really familiar with the process so please excuse me if this is a silly question, but is it possible to have nie number without residency?
this article: http://www.spainexpat.com/spain/information/eu_residency_in_spain_for_eu_citizens_and_their_family_members/  says that getting your NIE is automatically incorporated into the registration process now. So are these two separate things or one and the same?

one other question - if residency is indeed needed, what do people who come to spain for longish terms (not short term tourists), but are not residents, do to get a cell number/sim card?

Thank you

Posted: 13 June 2011 04:01 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

as sayed in the post , You Can used your passport , when i got my number done for registration it was with my NIE number

Posted: 18 July 2011 06:44 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-07-18

Hi Jurdyr, I go back and forth to Andalucia and intend to get a Vodafone dongle when I arrive in Sept (hopefully).  Thinking of getting the M?dem Huawei K3806 which includes “Bono navegaci?n GRATIS 3 meses”.  I wonder if this means three months free usage?  Would this be unlimited usage?  I wonder if I can go to a Vodafone shop in Malaga and buy the dongle there and do all the registration in the shop?  The ideal for me would be to register online and have it posted to me, but it looks like this would be a step too far.
Sorry for so many questions but I am having difficulty with interpreting the text on the Vodafone.es website.
Thanks
Vin

Posted: 18 July 2011 06:40 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

unlimited usage is used by all company but there is a limted to what you can do ,
GRATIS 3 is you pay for per month but get some free time , , it added two you contracts over a time , ie 3 months extra

Becareful ... not all text that you get via you phone are from VF ...

only way get a good Deal on any comapany is if you sing up for 12/18 months , yes 18 months as phone companys want make more off you on contracts
Pay as you go , there over priced and over rated

we been say in the office there lot that come two Spain for 4 - 7 months a year , pity we could do 3 6 9 month contracts , the billing logistic would be unreal
this also happen in outher counties

‹‹ New here....      WiMax? ››