using habland WIMAX with a router for port forwarding
Posted: 02 June 2011 08:14 PM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2008-09-06

I wonder if someone can help. I’ve just had HABLAND install a WIMAX dish and box to replace my IBERBANDA unit as they are lower cost and faster speed… but…

My original setup had the Iberbanda unit (no phone) plug into my WIFI router. My router then handled DHCP to dish out addresses…  I also have a couple of cameras and in order to access them externally I simply did some port forwarding in the router.

Well, the new gear is in - and the old gear is out (I was hoping to use them side by side to test but the installer re-used Iberbanda’s bracket) and all is well. In the setup (I don’t have access to the Habland setup) their unit is generating DHCP - whereas before my router was doing it. All of that is fine BUT my port redirects in the router no longer work.  Thinking about it - how would the Habland unit even know to forward data for those ports to my router - as against any other address on the network - yet I did not do any setup on the original Iberbanda that would tell it to route all traffic to my router.

If any of this makes sense to anyone out there I’d appreciate feedback as I’m leaving in a couple of days for a while and will as it stands not be able to access any of the internal equipment from the outside world….

Regards

Peter.