Finding the footprint for a dongle
Posted: 16 June 2011 01:37 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-06-16

Been looking at the same problem lots of people have - Only use our villa for about 3 months per year (usually a month at a time). Don’t want a phone line for obvious cost reasons; so trying to decide who to use for a dongle. Have used Movistar paygo in past (Telefonica’s mobile arm?) but they gobbled our spare cash when we were away for some time; so now using paygo Vodafone Esp. but their reception is poo in the lower part of Campoverde (Pilar area). A friend has orange (living at Los Balcones, Torrevieja) but not always good apparently. Have a UK Vodafone mobile but keep our contract to ?15/month (yeah, we really do only pay that, as I’ve not upgraded for about 100 years!) so the calls can be pretty hefty…...any other suggestions?  😖

Posted: 16 June 2011 07:59 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2008-12-17

Hi Bubbles,

The best solution would be to install Wireless Internet at your property.

This is something I install but unfortunately I do not cover your area.

The system I install consists of an antennae that’s located on the outside of the property and then feeds into a secure wireles router inside the property.

The antennae recieves the signal from a local hotspot and when the client tries to access the internet it takes them to a login page giving them the option of what connection period they require.

This means it’s ideal for rental properties as the owner does not have to get involved with any ongoing monthly costs.

Try looking in your local free papers to get the details of providors.

Neil

http://www.soltecspain.com

Posted: 30 June 2011 05:56 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2011-06-30
Bubbles33 - 16 June 2011 01:37 AM

Been looking at the same problem lots of people have - Only use our villa for about 3 months per year (usually a month at a time). Don’t want a phone line for obvious cost reasons; so trying to decide who to use for a dongle. Have used Movistar paygo in past (Telefonica’s mobile arm?) but they gobbled our spare cash when we were away for some time; so now using paygo Vodafone Esp. but their reception is poo in the lower part of Campoverde (Pilar area). A friend has orange (living at Los Balcones, Torrevieja) but not always good apparently. Have a UK Vodafone mobile but keep our contract to ?15/month (yeah, we really do only pay that, as I’ve not upgraded for about 100 years!) so the calls can be pretty hefty…...any other suggestions?  😖

Speak to the girls at http://www.authoriseddealerspain.com they can advise you on all aspects of Mobile and fixed line solutions, they have cheap USB dongle packages, boosters etc