Sky Frequencies after a storm
Posted: 17 May 2007 09:40 PM  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  235
Joined  2007-04-25

My Sky is offline at the moment after a bad storm a week or so ago. The box works and the dish is fine but it could be damage done to the LNB. Before I call someone out to check, I know that you can change the frequency via the SETUP menu on the box.

Can anyone suggest a few frequencies that I can try.

I’m in Granada province in southern Spain.

Thanks - Heath

Signature 

Visit our website - http://www.granadapropertyreform.com

“Dedicated to making your Spanish house a home”

Posted: 11 June 2007 10:49 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2007-06-11

Set up Default transponder instructions
Use the following procedure to reset your Sky receiver Box
?  Press the blue services button on your remote control, this should bring up the services menu,
?  Press the No 4 button (System setup)
?  Then without delaying between presses, select the following in quick order
o   Press 0 then 1 & then Select, (This will bring up another service menu, it is important you only follow the instruction below and do not select any other buttons or change settings other than instructed below)
o   Press 2 (Default transponder)

On the screen you should see Frequency, Using the remote control, Key in the following numbers     1 ,  2 ,  1 ,  2 ,  9 .
All other settings on this screen should read,
Polarisation         ? V,   
Symbol rate(MBaud)      - 27.5,     
FEC           ? 2/3

Using the blue arrow down button scroll down to SAVE NEW SETTINGS at the bottom of the screen, now press SELECT

o   Press the backup button on the remote control 3 or 4 times, and leave system for a few minutes, There should be a banner bar at the bottom of the screen with a time display on the right hand side, if the time is showing that indicates you have lock onto the satellite.
o   After a few minutes the SKY welcome channel should appear (998), once this comes up you should now be able to select your channels as normal.

If after following the above you have still cannot change channels or the message ?no Satellite signal being received? carry out the following.

?  Unplug your receiver from the mains socket and leave unplugged for at least 3 minutes, after a few minutes plug receiver back into mains electric socket, wait another few minutes. Once plugged back, go through the reset procedure as outlined above again .

NB     PLEASE ALLOW TIME FOR THE BOX TO GO THROUGH ITS START UP PROCEDURE AND RESET!

(Depending on the type of Digibox you have, this procedure may have to be followed several times to be successful)

Signature 

Mike