INSURANCE IN SPAIN
Posted: 18 May 2007 03:14 PM  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  760
Joined  2006-06-27

Many aspects of the way insurance business is done in Spain are a bit different to the UK. Yes you can do it on the phone (there is a Spanish Direct Line - insurance over the phone) but to be honest I think the best bet is to use a broker. I have found an excellent Spanish broker based in Torrevieja (just behind Solbank) he speaks good English and has given me many years good service including yesterday opening late just for me so that I could get a cover note for the new car. I think his quotes are competitive and he can arrange car, house, health cover etc. ECH Insurance Services Tel: 966 701 217. Call or visit before 2pm. Remember if the worst happens are you are involved in a car accident the chances are the 3rd party will be insured with a Spanish company and if you are too it is sorted out much quicker than having to involve an British company.

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl
http://www.bcvillas.com
Selling legal property on the Costa Blanca

Posted: 18 May 2007 05:05 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  235
Joined  2007-04-25

I found Allianz who have offices and brokers throughout Spain to be very good. Have both my van and house insured with them. You only know how good they are when you need to use them. I had an accident in my van and their service was fast and effective. Next door got hit by lightning but did damage to our property, including total loss of power, they had an electrician out within 2 hours and were very helpful with the further damage claims we needed to sort out. They have English speaking staff in their call centres if you need it too.

Two thumbs up from me definately.

Signature 

Visit our website - http://www.granadapropertyreform.com

“Dedicated to making your Spanish house a home”

Posted: 18 May 2007 08:39 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Some good advice and notes about insurance guys.

Anyone else want to share their experience (good or bad) with their insurance companies around Spain?

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 12 October 2007 01:10 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-10-12

Can anyone please advise me if there are any associations in Spain that offer their members insurance cover on Either Home, Travel, Pet or Car.

Or

Roughly how much non-life insurance is sold through associations

Thanks