Vodafone dongle
Posted: 22 June 2011 11:36 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2011-06-22

We are currently on holiday and have had a vodafone dongle for some years now.
We credited the dongle on Monday for 20 Euros and wanted it for 7 days so it can be unlimited usuage.
The dongle worked monday evening, then tuesday morning for two hours and since then it hasn’t worked.
We have been to Vodafone in The Parque Commercial Centre in Mojacar and the staff there say there is a problem with Vodafone and Orange internet access through dongles.
It seems odd that it has been off all day today and yesterday.
We seem to think the girl in the shop has credited us for Volume not time.
But they won’t admit it and still say it’s Vodafone in this area which isn’t working.
Is anybody else having a problem.?

Posted: 23 June 2011 12:13 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

Was on the their site (engineering)and only problem with GSM was up near Elche yesterday as the main mast got hit and was down for 10 mins ....
think some one is having you on , was just also chat to mate down near u , in Cartagena , he on VF dongle and no problem for last 3 days ... and him , god he will be on the phone two me with in mins ... sounds like you on the wrong package ... time go back and have a chat ....

Posted: 23 June 2011 10:59 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2011-06-22

Hi Carl,
No you can buy two sorts with Vodafone. One is for volume usuage. You can have it for 90 days etc and if you only check your emails etc, the 20 euros will last a while.
But we opted for the 7 days of unlimited internet for 20 euros. We actually purchased 7 days the previous week and you can use it as much as you want over the 7 days. We then decided to buy another 7 days as it was cheaper to buy another 7 days than use the internet cafes. My husband plays a gamer which involves downloading loads of data, so this package is ideal.

Today though it worked, so it must have been a signal problem.
Trouble is now, we are back in the UK and the dongle is for use in Spain. We wanted it for two days whilst we were there, but the signal wasn’t availabe, so we have lost the 20 euros.

Posted: 24 June 2011 01:02 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2011-06-22

Hi Carl,

Well theres no point in me having a go at you as you were trying to be helpful. I don’t understand people like that on forums, and I know there are plenty of patronising know it alls about, lol.

Yes I must admit Vodafone over the years are always changing their package plans for the dongles. When we first starting coming over to Mojacar about 7 years or so, the internet cost is 60 euros for volume use only.
Last year in October we had a nice suprise when we learnt they offer 7 days unlimited usuage for 20 euros. That package is the best one.
You can also get 14 days for 30 euros. To be honest we should have got that package as we did it twice at 20 euros per week.
We were really naffed off though when the signal dropped for two full days and thought it was Vodafone fobbing us off yet again.
We have had a few run ins with them as they have cut me off two spanish phones saying I never made top ups often enough when I did.
Thats another story…..

Posted: 24 June 2011 02:04 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

do you know you can now bring you uk vodafone dongle to spain on there passport calls data pack same price as the uk ...Need to look at there T&Cs; , and get move offter on thee websites now , this dose not run with there shops are by ring them ,

need to get in touch with them in the uk befor roming ... are 1Mb will still cost you 9.95 euros without Vat ..

we all on bill phone here so dont have to top up ... and now have passport on are calls and data packs for the EU
Avg bill with calls and data 590mins and unlimited usuage about 49.00 euros per month