Question For Expats who have been living in Spain
Posted: 20 September 2007 10:59 AM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2007-04-16

Hi,

I’m wondering if anyone who has been living in Spain for some time, has had to deal with any issues that have occurred back home. Things such as family matters, issues with friends or just big moments or milestones that have happened to friends and family while you’ve been away and how you’ve dealt with them both on an emotional and practical level while being in Spain. If anyone has been through anything or has had to deal with something either once or on an ongoing basis, I’d love to speak with you about your experience/s and see how you dealt with the situation and if you have any advice for others going through similar things.

Thanks so much!
Sammy

Posted: 13 June 2014 03:02 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2014-06-13

That is too complicated to answer!  I have no family in the UK worth having anything to do with at all and so I don’t and never will for as long as I live.I left the Uk in total disgust of what it has become.  I am single and isolated.  I have kept in touch with a few friends in the Uk since coming to Spain and travelled around europe in my motor home to find a better country to live in.  Spain won, but the repression has got worse from when I first came here.  Anyway the reason that I joined this Forum is because I am looking for headlights.  I have to change them to EU type to reregister my right hand drive motor home to Spain that is going to be VERY expensive.  In all with the cost of repairs and changing registration around ?2,000.  Repairs done but I need some EU approved headlights, preferably second hand. Anything you can recommend about that?  Costa Blanca North shortly going to my other place Costa South.

Posted: 13 June 2014 02:28 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

Check around some of the Desguaces or scrappies; they should be able to help if the MH is based on an established manufacturers van although new ones shouldnt be all that expensive… Heres a link to yellow pages spain and desguaces de camiones in the Costa Blanca area

http://www.paginasamarillas.es/search/desguaces-de-camiones/all-ma/alicante/all-is/costa-blanca/all-ba/all-pu/all-nc/1?what=desguaces+de+camiones&where=Costa+Blanca&nb=false&ub=false&qc=true

It’s just a point but you may well find that when you actually come to reregistering the vehicle the authorities say NO. Vans and similar van based vehicles that are RHD cannot normally be reregistered because of the all round vision requirements… Talk to the guys at your nearest ITV (MOT) station.

Dont forget also that if the vehicle’s UK road tax and / or MOT cert have expired the vehicle is illegal throughout Europe… and the Guardia Civil Trafficos have the authority to remove and scrap the vehicle. The fact that it is your home is neither here nor there and will not be an acceptable excuse…

fb Mod / Admin

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Posted: 14 June 2014 03:54 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2014-06-13
foxbat - 13 June 2014 02:28 PM

Check around some of the Desguaces or scrappies; they should be able to help if the MH is based on an established manufacturers van although new ones shouldnt be all that expensive… Heres a link to yellow pages spain and desguaces de camiones in the Costa Blanca area

http://www.paginasamarillas.es/search/desguaces-de-camiones/all-ma/alicante/all-is/costa-blanca/all-ba/all-pu/all-nc/1?what=desguaces+de+camiones&where=Costa+Blanca&nb=false&ub=false&qc=true

THANK YOU FOR THAT.  BEEN DIABOLICALLY HOT TODAY SO BEEN MAINLY SUFFERING FROM HEAT EXHAUSTION AND A PILE OF EMAILS AND SEARCHES TO DO BUT NOW NOT THE TIME ALTHOUGH HAD A QUICK LOOK, AS A THOROUGH SEARCH IS EXTREMELY TIME CONSUMING AND REPLYING TO YOU INSTEAD AND I TYPE FAST!.  I’VE ALSO FOUND A NOT TOO BAD OFFER OF SOME NEW ONES AND MAY BUY THOSE IF CAN SORT OUT A DEAL.  IF NOT I WILL CONTINUE MY SEARCH USING YOU LINK LATER.

It’s just a point but you may well find that when you actually come to reregistering the vehicle the authorities say NO. Vans and similar van based vehicles that are RHD cannot normally be reregistered because of the all round vision requirements… Talk to the guys at your nearest ITV (MOT) station.

AN ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE AND EXTREMELY COMPLICATED. THE EU ARE OPERATING AN EXTORTION RACKET THAT BASICALLY MEANS, YES I CAN RE REGISTER MY MOTOR HOME TO SPANISH PLATES BUT IT WILL COST ?1,000 EUROS TO GET IT DONE.  LOTS OF SILLY CERTIFICATES TO GET, ENGINEERS REPORT AND A WHOLE PILE OF LEGALISED GUFF TO MAKE MONEY FOR THE GOVERNMENT THAT THEY CALL CO2 TAX BUT IS JUST AN EXCUSE TO INTIMIDATE AND ROB MOTORISTS OF MORE MONEY AND NOTHING WHAT SO EVER TO DO WITH SAVING THE ENVIRONMENT.  I MEAN MAKING PEOPLE DRIVE THOUSANDS OF MILES BACK TO THE UK JUST TO GET A MOT CERTIFICATE INSTEAD OF A ITV CERTIFICATE LOCALLY THAT SHOULD ALSO BE LEGAL BUT ISN’T REALLY HELPS RID THE ENVIRONMENT OF CO2 DOESNT IT? TOTAL ZOMBIES. THEY ALL NEED SHOOTING DEAD.

Dont forget also that if the vehicle’s UK road tax and / or MOT cert have expired the vehicle is illegal throughout Europe… and the Guardia Civil Trafficos have the authority to remove and scrap the vehicle. The fact that it is your home is neither here nor there and will not be an acceptable excuse…

INDEED.  CERTAINLY NO PROBLEM WITH THAT SO FAR WHENEVER STOPPED BY POLICE WITH A VALID ITV CERTIFICATE FOR ONLY 10 DAYS INSTEAD OF GOING BACK TO UK THOUSANDS OF MILES FOR AN MOT.  ALSO INSURED BY VEHICLE REMAINING REGISTERED IN UK.  BUT THE LAW HAS BEEN CHANGED RECENTLY TO MAKE SURE THE EXTORTION RACKET BY THE EU/SPAIN/UK IS MORE EFFECTIVE AND CAN STEAL THE VEHICLE BY LAW ETC.  IT IS RATHER COMPLICATED SO IT IS BASICALLY UP TO THE GAUDIA SQUADS TO TRAP VICTIMS OF THE OBSCENE EU LEGISLATION RATHER THAN THE INDIVIDUAL POLICE.  THE EU REALLY NEEDS TO GET TAKEN TO TASK OVER THIS AND IF I WAS A MILLIONAIRE THE EU IDIOTS AT BRUSSELS WOULD BE IN THE COURT OF HUMAN RIGHTS LIKE A SHOT.  MEANTIME I DRIVE MY VEHICLE AS A “TOURIST” AND CONSIDERING LEGALIZING THE VEHICLE. MADE EXTENSIVE RESEARCH INTO THE SUBJECT ETC.  I AM HAPPY TO PAY ROAD TAX TO USE THE VEHICLE BUT AGAINST BEING ROBBED OF MY HOME OR MY MONEY BY LEGALIZED THIEVES.

REGARDS TO LINK. THE SPANISH NOT KIND TO THEIR ANIMALS.  NOT A DOG LOVER MYSELF. I HAVE RESCUED COUNTLESS CATS FROM ILLNESS, STARVATION AND DEATH.  I WORKED AS A VOLUNTEER FOR SCAN IN EL VERGER, BUT THEY WOULD NOT TAKE IN THE FERRAL CATS AND KITTENS I WAS FEEDING THAT WERE BEING KILLED BY DOGS,  SO I STOPPED HELPING THEM.  I HAVE TWO CATS, ONE I RESCUED FROM BULGARIA AND BROUGHT BACK TO SPAIN, AND ANOTHER THAT SCAN WANTED TO HAVE PUT DOWN AS FIV POSITIVE.  THAT CAT I RESCUED FROM NEAR DEATH FROM STARVATION FROM A CAMPSITE AND HE LIVES IN HIS OWN LITTLE HOUSE, A CASITA ON MY LAND AND IS KEPT SEPARATE FROM MY OTHER CAT AT ALL TIMES, BUT SOON I HAVE TO GO TO MY FLAT 100 MILES AWAY THAT WILL BE VERY DIFFICULT TO ARRANGE HIS CONTINUED CARE, BUT THE FIGHT GOES ON AS ALWAYS AGAIST CORRUPT AUTHORITIES AND CATS WELFARE.

fb Mod / Admin