Spanish Corp being used as a scam -Sidenor
Posted: 24 March 2009 06:16 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-03-24

Hello all,  I’ve been doing the job search thing and was sent an interesting offer letter from Sidenor of Spain.  Originally,  I received an email from them stating they would like me submit my resume for consideration for some positions in spain.  After doing that I was sent an congratulatory email with a “formal’ looking offer letter stating “i would have to send 900 euro’s to expedite the work visa process through the ministry of interior.  The links in the email actually direct you to working web sites however.  Most legitimate businesses do not ask for this and I was skeptical.  I then noticed issues with the emails.  The fake Ministry of Interior is a .fr.dg domain.  I know fr. is a french domain… anyways.. just don’t want people to fall for this.  Here is the body of the email with the links;

Can anyone confirm this?  I’ve also attached the candidate letter as an attachement.  (its too big I deleted it)

DONT FALL FOR THIS!

Dear Allan

Congratulations over your success!!!

This is an Affirmation that your Experiences and Qualifications where found suitably qualified for the requirements of CORPORACI?N Sidenor, your CV documents has Already Qualified / permits you to work to CORPORACI?N Sidenor.

Now, you have to contact the MINISTERIO DEL INTERIOR for the acquisition of your work/residence permit papers which will empower you to live and work in Spain also sign the Contract agreement and send to MINISTERIO DEL INTERIOR.

THE MINISTERIO DEL INTERIOR CONTACT DETAILS BELOW:

ATTN: MRS. GRACE FERNANDEZ
DESIGNATION: PROCESSING ATTORNEY
MINISTERIO DEL INTERIOR
ADDRESS: C/ Sagasta, n? 22
(Madrid - Espa?a)
TEL: 0034-63-412-68-54
FAX: 0034-91-791-54-10
E-mail: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Update us with the process between you and the MINISTERIO DEL INTERIOR incase of advice where necessary, and ensure you provide them their requirement quick for the fastest process from their office.

Also remember that any Expenses you make on the process of registering your documents shall be refunded back to you immediately you submit your expenses report to us via email. Also be informed that once the process is completed your hard copies will be delivered to any postal address of your choice.

Congratulations!!!

Regards.
Luis Xavier
Employee Relations
CORPORACION Sidenor
Barrio Ugarte s/n
ES-48970, Basauri,Spain
E-MAIL: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
http://www.sidenor.com

Posted: 24 March 2009 02:44 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  303
Joined  2006-03-16

Beats me why anyone would fall for this.  To start with, all those random CAPITAL LETTERS in the text suggest that it was written by someone barely literate in English (or Spanish for that matter, as they’d be wrong in either language).  Moreover, the website is bonkers - Spain isn’t a “Federal Republic” for a start.  There’s a pattern in most of these scams - the language is innaccurate, and they ask you for money upfront, both of which should set the alarm bells ringing.

Signature 

Martin, Scotland and the Alpujarra.  http://www.casasierra.blogspot.com

Posted: 24 March 2009 07:40 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

Web off Ministerio del Interior =>  http://www.mir.es , this fake site and hads been take down .ministryofinterior. fr .gd its fake and when you been offter 10,000. EUR per month , not bad wages . but then you have to pay for you visa ..... here one off the phone numbers (not its a Mobile phone not land line 34-667003658) fax number is ( FAX: 0034 917 889 811 ) in inter net shop run by few colour scammers . site have been take down , so that sould pop up again some where again

NUMBERS TWO WATCH OUT FOR FAX: 0034 917 889 811 FAX: 00 34 917 915 379 Mobile numbers 00 34 630 230 338. 00 34 667003658 . MOBILE PRE-PAY

Do Not Send Any Money For WorkVisa to any one , your new employer sould get that done for you

this few what seen on the net

Sidenor Espana JOB

Advance Fee / Fake Lottery Scam , Spanish police: beware of lottery scam

GENERAL HOSPITAL OF MADRID

Don Pedro`s Nigerian Employment-Money Scam

Posted: 26 March 2009 12:30 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

Funny we been chat and postting about scam , think some one got my Sms Number , just look at my computer and there been over 100 calls to it today from +233 area (ghana) and +234 area (Nigeria) god that must be upset !

keep it up and the telphone number will be post up ! more scams