health benefits
Posted: 24 April 2009 06:34 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-04-24

Hello everyone.  I have recently moved to Spain to join my Spanish national husband.  I would like to know what health benefits I get from the government i f anyone could share some input.  Do I get any free treatment or vaccines?  How do I get these free health benefits?

Your answers would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards!

Posted: 24 April 2009 07:05 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  550
Joined  2008-09-12

For Me as a UK Citizen this has always been a shady area to reply/answer…

My employer pay for my medical Private and State Medical.

An EU Member country has to cover for free medical for any citizen for 3 months if they relocate to an EU State (If that made Sense)

Other than that nope not sure its pretty shady info..

Posted: 26 April 2009 05:54 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  112
Joined  2008-09-06
trizza.gapultos - 24 April 2009 06:34 PM

Hello everyone.  I have recently moved to Spain to join my Spanish national husband.  I would like to know what health benefits I get from the government i f anyone could share some input.  Do I get any free treatment or vaccines?  How do I get these free health benefits?

Best Regards!

The wife only needs to go to the “Consultorio medico” assigned to the husband and ask what forms she has to fill in to be included in his health service as member of the family. As far as I know it used to be very easy for wifes coming from EU Countries and took longer for those non-EU. But things here are changing every day due to the crisis ... you’d better check where you live.

Posted: 26 April 2009 06:44 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19
Fate_06 - 26 April 2009 05:54 AM
trizza.gapultos - 24 April 2009 06:34 PM

Best Regards!

The wife only needs to go to the “Consultorio medico” assigned to the husband and ask what forms she has to fill in to be included in his health service as member of the family. As far as I know it used to be very easy for wifes coming from EU Countries and took longer for those non-EU. But things here are changing every day due to the crisis ... you’d better check where you live.

non-EU. take lot longer and will not pay out .... But things here are changing every day due to the crisis ... you’d better check where you live

if you look for free and you non EU for get about it , will not pay out any more ... there no money ,