sat tv
Posted: 19 August 2009 05:57 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-07-11

Can any one tell me if i can bring my sat system from England and just line it up in Spain will it work, is it legal or not.
THanks

Posted: 20 August 2009 12:27 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-07-11

thanks for that

Posted: 20 August 2009 08:24 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  104
Joined  2008-07-07

to follow that up….
do not bother bringing your sky satellite dish - it will not work that well.
Depending on where you are moving to you and what channels you want to receive will need a 1m or a 2.4m satellite dish.
This is because the satellite that transmitts the main UK TV BBC ITV and C4 signals is a narrow beam, and its signal strength in spain is very weak.
You can legally watch any of the FREE TV channels that are unencrypted on the satellites - like BBC and ITVs
The use of a sky card outside the uK is in violation of the skyc ard contracts terms and conditions, and if sky find out that your acrd is being used outsode the UK they will disconnect your card.
If you have a Sky subscription move the account to a UK address can control - a freind or famility - so that they can contact sky should the need arise. otherwise you may end up paying a fortune each year to “borrow” an adddres from a sky card agent here in spain.
Also certain makes and models of sky receivers work very well, others do nt, so ths may also affect reception of channels.

Signature 

The Sat And PC Guy
Sky TV in Spain. Costa Banca Satellite TV
Free Business Directory

Posted: 20 August 2009 09:48 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

just to update you on the Sly tv packages are going up from the 1 sept

most all packages are going up by 1 GBP are 1 Euro

sports going up my 2 GBP are 2 . 50 Euros