American Business in Barcleona Seeks…....
Posted: 17 February 2007 04:09 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-02-17

Hi - I’m an American - planning on moving permanently to Barcelona.
I plan on buying a restaurant franchise in Barcelona in 2007/8. I intend to hire local employees to help me run the operation. I have already researched this with the help of a consultant in Barcelona on a visit last year, its now it looks like just a matter of finding a location and signing the documents….... but something tells me this it too easy…...

I have a Spanish S.L. Corporation already set up in Spain.
Spanish Company & personal bank accounts all set up in Spain.
I have my N.I.E.
I have applied & waiting for a Non Lucrative Visa so I can enter Spain indefinatly, improve on my Spanish (I dont speak catalan) and take my time to finalize details of the business purchase and location within Barcelona.
I understand if I apply for a work permit now or Investors visa I would probably have to provided proof of the buisness and business plan which I would not have in place untill later….. so
I will apply for Residency Permit at the Police Station, to reside in Spain on my arrival.
Once my residency permit is in place, I plan on applying for my work permit and will submit my supporting documentation, business plan, proof of resources etc….....
........ I see this site is littered with Visa & work permit casualties…........am I missing something or is my work permit going to be denied even though I am going to be an employer investing & hireing locals in Spain.
Your advice and thoughts would be most appreciated. ............. .
Feel free to email me or posting here - its always good to have a support network…..  .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 16 October 2009 02:30 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-06-23

I see the post is old…. However how are things going on? Language issues, bureacracy, costs….