Buy or rent a bar in spain
Posted: 27 November 2009 04:27 AM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2009-11-10

Putting aside the obvious lower down payment, and the bar doesn’t actually belong to me, can anyone suggest the advantages of renting a bar as opposed to buying one to agreed terms?  There seems to be a trend of bars for rent.  Anyone had experience in renting a bar instead of buying a bar on terms?

Signature 

V & A 😊

Posted: 27 November 2009 05:29 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

In this financial climate I wouldn’t do either!
Bars are closing left right and centre and Brit bars are particularly affected…
fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Posted: 27 November 2009 09:21 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2009-11-10

Hi
We have quite low expectations of this coming year, but the economy has to begin to turn around at some point.
We are only wanting to make a living in the first year or two… we have plenty of time to “make our million”. With only the two of us to look after, and without expensive tastes, we think maybe its an opportunity to get in while its cheap.
Many of our friends are buying houses, or stocks and shares while the prices are depressed, and we think this is another similar opportunity, so long as we choose carefully, and don’t expect a fortune soon!
Thanks for your comments!

Signature 

V & A 😊

Posted: 12 December 2009 05:00 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

ok 59 Pubs been Closed in the UK every week . the economy has to begin to turn around at some point . please point the data and time as this going on for 5 year in spain , it cost and same hours in plane will get to country where cheaper and new to you so travel is more over the late 10 year , we more place to fly two and spain tourist industry drop and is now dead dew lack off Cash
Spain and it tourist industry would want to clean it self up 2 year ago , pub were asking for 3 euros a beer when you poland and beer for 1 euro
Biggest industrey is UK and Germany , them people are not traveling , NO MONEY ,

Posted: 14 January 2010 03:04 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2009-01-19

I can only speak from my experience in Gran Canaria but you will probably have to rent a bar from the person who owns the building and buy the bar from the person who owns the business (the traspaso) unless they are the same person of course.

Posted: 26 February 2010 11:14 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  75
Joined  2008-11-26

I think so many bars are being rented at the moment because the owners can’t sell them, but they want to get out because they arent making much money!! Running an English bar, in my experience, is one of the less lucrative ways of making a living in Spain, especially in the current climate…  You’d probably do ok in the height of summer (that is July and Aug) but there’s also the rest of the year to think about. Also, do you really want to be stuck in a bar when there’s that lovely sun to enjoy ?!

Good luck anyway, whatever you decide to do..

Keidi x

Signature 

Follow Keidi for free information for expats living in the sun.

Try out her business opportunity for expats

‹‹ Bar Tab      Point of Sale ››