Mobile Phones
Posted: 22 February 2010 05:37 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-02-22

Hi,

I am moving to Madrid from the US for a year and so I’ve been researching different mobile phone options.  I am interested in seeing what kind of experiences others have had with the various spanish service provides?  Is it better to have a contract with the company or to do pay as you go?  I would really appreciate any other suggestions and advice as well.

Posted: 05 March 2010 05:59 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  75
Joined  2008-11-26

Hiya, I’m with Orange and they have been fine, but now I’ve been with them a year I am thinking of changing to Yoigo as that way I get a new phone for free! Yoigo are one of the newest service providers, and also one of the cheapest that I have managed to find. If you are planning on using your mobile a lot then a contract is better, if not then a pay as you go will be fine. Orange are also doing some very good plans at the moment, so you might want to look into those…

Signature 

Follow Keidi for free information for expats living in the sun.

Try out her business opportunity for expats

Posted: 22 April 2010 03:15 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2010-04-19

telitec are good,  based in costa blanca.  8c per min calls,  more or less the same as yoigo prev mentioned, however, i think that with yoigo it costs more for people to call you.

Telitec use “hits mobile” with the vodaphone network, and when u call you speak to someone in english.  can get top ups from internet, banks, post office, your mobile and also different shops/locutorios.

have a look at their website,  been with them for a year.

m