Annual Costs….of living in
Posted: 14 May 2007 04:05 PM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2006-10-04

I have been trying to get an all round view as to living costs for a family in the region of Valencia. I am looking around the Jalon Valley and if you were to exclude any mortgage. loan costs or rental…what would the avg family of 4-5 live on (Mum, Dad, 2-3 children) So if you were to approx the costs to include

1. Insurance(s) - Car, Buildings and Contents

2. Health Insurance

3. Utilities (Water and Elec)

4. Food (exluding any meals eaten out)

5. Petrol

So all the avg everyday stuff we put our hand in our pockets for but no including all the taxes etc Is it possible to have any feedback on what people are paying in the region? If I’ve missed anything..please add away…

Ta….

Posted: 14 May 2007 05:58 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  760
Joined  2006-06-27

Hi there - a much asked question and I remember was one of my pre-relocation concerns. I think a rough guide is approx 30% cheaper to live here. It does very much depend on lifestyle but obviously major savings on (assume you are coming from the UK) council tax, heating bills, food (if you buy Spanish and not exorbitantly price UK goods in ?K?supermarkets) petrol (think about going diesel) clothes, holidays, and Christmas! (again if you do it Spanish style) Good luck.

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl
http://www.bcvillas.com
Selling legal property on the Costa Blanca

Posted: 14 May 2007 06:57 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2006-10-04

Thanks for the update…what I was looking for was an exact ? amount that people would suggest. I live in Dublin and we would spend around ?1,500 a month on such items….or possibly ?2,000. Would you have a rough guess? I know a large number of UK and Irl press state Avg Shopping basket…etc…is there such a concept in Spain from Consumer guides?

Posted: 15 May 2007 12:10 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  760
Joined  2006-06-27

Yes I have heard of that to - but never seen it quoted in Spain - although their national press is often full of tables of statistics! The only certainty is it is less which must be good news!

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl
http://www.bcvillas.com
Selling legal property on the Costa Blanca

Posted: 21 May 2007 06:39 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-05-21

hi, i have been trying to get that exact info as my family is a family of 5
After lots of research it seems that they base most prices on a couple.
Electric is started at 40 euro per month
gas is the same, but with both there seems to be a tax percentage you pay on top of that, i have seen it be around 16%
I have also found out that there is a community levy, water rates (which is complicated to work out) and waste disposal fees.
Although if you rent the landlord is responsible for the community levy and waste disposal.

The monthly water charge seems to be 10 euro per month plus IVA 7%. This is based on minimal water useage.
Rental charge for water meter is 4 euro per quarter.
should you have to pay for waste disposal it is between 30-150 euro per year.

this is as far as i got but if you find anything please let me know