‘SC’ Company in Spain
Posted: 26 May 2010 08:46 PM  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2007-11-01

Are there any fiscal gestors/accountants out there who could explain what an SC company is please.

I have been advised to set up this type of compay as my partner and I will be working for an SL co and the SL co want us to bill them as an SC rather than us both being Autonomo.
(I am guessing that an SC is NOT a limited co, and consequently we can be sued/are liable for any claims against us, whereas the SL - which costs a whole lot more to set up is the same asa LIMITED LIABILITY/UK LTD)... is this correct?

We have been told it would cost about ?300 to set up a SC.  But do not know about running costs such as Tax, Social Security etc…

PS - We are probably going to need a gestor to do this for us - Mijas/Fuengirola preferred.

Thanks.

Posted: 28 May 2010 05:18 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  738
Joined  2008-06-23

Did they mean you to set up a Sociedad Colectiva” (General Partnership), or the “Sociedad en Comandita” (Limited Partnership), “Sociedad Civil” (Civil Partnership) .

Signature 

“I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.”

Posted: 30 May 2010 11:00 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2007-11-01

Hi Santi,
They didn’t specify!
Hoping it will not be neessary now, as we may have found an alternative way to get paid! 😊
sj