Query on Residency
Posted: 26 May 2010 12:38 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-05-24

Good day!

I would like to ask help and know the if somene can please assist and provided me the PROCESS and APPLICATIONS needed to take action of a Spanish citizenship. Am I eligable?

Summary details: 

- Father is Spanish citizen seperated with my mom, married to other filipina and lives in Spain for more than 30 years now and is citizen.
- I’m 31 years old, Single (not married), Filipino citizen who has 2 kids (5 & 1 year old) and would like to acquire Spanish citizenship (EU Citizenship) and live with my father.

I would really appreciate if you can please tell me what to do;

1. Requirements
2. Applications
3. Process
4. My chances to be a spanish citizen / EU-Citizen?
5. And what my father will have to do at his end to process paperworks?

I would really be happy for the information that you’ll provide.

Thanks in advance.

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 29 May 2010 12:16 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  453
Joined  2008-12-30

paul9878,
was your father born in spain?
was any of your paternal grandparents born in spain?
in your filipino birth certificate, is it recorded that your father was a spanish citizen?

you will know if you are eligible for spanish citizenship depending on the answers to the above.

Posted: 31 May 2010 02:40 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-05-24

Hi,

First of all thanks for your response.

My father was not born in spain.
Not any of my parental grandparents was born in spain.
in my filipino birth certificate, there isn’t any spanish citizen recorded, nothing about spain.

I believe he just got a job in spain 30 years ago, and applied for spanish citizenship, now his spainish citizen for more a decade.

So I thought if he is now a spanish citizen, he could easily help me get there as his son, isn’t?

Hope to your response.

Thanks

Posted: 31 May 2010 03:28 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  453
Joined  2008-12-30

paul9878,
if you were a dependent child, he can apply for a an eu family residence visa for you, but you are now married and independent.
there might be a possibility, if he can find an employer who is qualified to hire from abroad for you and justify to the ministry of labor that you are his son then you may get a residence and work visa.  do you speak spanish? if you don’t it is going to be so hard for you to find a job.