SMOKING BAN in 2010 FOR SPAIN CONFIRMED that no smokoing in doors any more
Posted: 15 December 2009 12:25 AM  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

SMOKING BAN in 2010 FOR SPAIN CONFIRMED

NO SMOLKING IN BARS , CLUBS , HOTELS And RESTAURANTS . The Health Minister has confirmed that Spain is to introduce an extended smoking ban next year , when, from an as yet to be confirmed date , ?No Smoking? signs will be seen in all closed public places . The legislation which has been in place since 2006 currently permits the smaller bars and restaurants to choose whether to allow smoking on the premises or not ; if they do allow it , they must provide a separate closed-off area for smokers . That option will no longer exist once the changes are brought in 2010 , but Minister Trinidad Jim?nez has confirmed however that the stricter measures will not extend to open air premises, such as restaurant terraces and bull ringsv , where smoking will still be permitted .
Minister said in a radio interview with Rac1 on Monday that the government?s decision is fundamentally based on protecting health, and said she believes that Spain is ?culturally prepared? for stricter measures to be adopted . There was no indication from the Minister on exactly when during 2010 the extended ban will be implemented , although she did comment that negotiations are in their final phase, with a large amount of support for the move amongst politicians . The planned changes have however been criticised by the hostelry sector , where it?s feared that profits will see a sharp drop and many businesses may be forced to close . This is two be rolled out all over Spain and Islands .

what do you think ?

jurdy

Posted: 15 December 2009 01:07 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

just seen the new law that coming in and will fill you what you can and cant do , let me read full act and i post in few hours and again in few day full law

1 No Smoking in side Bars .... big fine and jail time

Posted: 05 January 2010 12:37 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-01-05

I anticipated there would be problems eventually when the smoking ban finally kicks in in spain and have started importing Electronic Cigarettes.

The response so far is pretty good although I have a UK business which is rocked off its feet we have only started importing into Spain since just before christmas and are already waiting for new stock.

This gives the ability for anyone to smoke anywhere and theres lots of other benefits too.

We are only just working on the spanish version of the website which you can see here http://www.link EDITED.com but theres more info at http://www.link EDITED.com

Technology.. ain’t it great 😊

Mick

Posted: 05 January 2010 07:03 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

and what this got to do with Ban ? we still havent seen the full law on the ban here but thing going full out right ban with date not set in full yet

Your link have notthing two do with the law so removing them please dont put back again

Jurdy

Posted: 05 January 2010 09:52 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-01-05

Sorry about the link, I didnt realise it wasnt allowed.
I think my comments are relevant to the smoking ban.
My spanish lawyer told me yesterday that the ban actaully came into force at the beginning of the year, but like most laws in Spain, they will be held up as and when the Spanish authorities feel like it.
The Electronic Cigarettes CAN be smoked ANYWHERE even if there is a ban in place so I think it is very relevant for smokers to know this.
I guess if anyone wants to find out more they can contact me from my profile and ill send more info privately.

Thanks.

Mick

Posted: 31 May 2010 03:02 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  738
Joined  2008-06-23

Recent Spanish surveys have shown the number of smokers in Spain has not reduced,  Spanish culture is spent outside in the street or in uncovered bars and since the weather isn’t really an issue, most have not been forced to do anything they could not do before.

Signature 

“I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.”

Posted: 31 May 2010 07:36 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2007-02-12

There are certain things I have noticed after living in Spain for a while. A big one is, a law is “horse pucky” if they don’t really enforce it. A law being enforced in Spain? Now that would really be news!

Posted: 31 May 2010 11:55 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2008-06-06

why not let the bars decide, if you want to allow people to smoke then fine, if not thats fine too. at least people would have a choice either way.

Posted: 04 June 2010 08:00 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  166
Joined  2007-07-25
DanielaFox - 31 May 2010 11:31 AM

i am so happy that this has happened i hate the smelly smokers who pollute my lungs in shop doorways and entrances to shops. cigarettes all over the floor dirty people with no dignity for anyone even themselves.

Hmmm interesting opinion must be an ex-smoker perhaps? I am a smoker and it is nice to know you feel I am smelly and dirty, I could say the same about fat people but I do not, because it hurts people’s feelings, sometimes our opinions need to be kept to ourselves to save the feelings of others, but I guess that is just me being a thoughtful person where their individual right to do what they like should be kept that way!

Signature 

Scoliosis Support Network
Online Gaming Jobs

Posted: 04 June 2010 11:36 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-06-04

Bravo, the smoking has gotten completely out of control…

Barcelona Part 2

Jesus they smoke so much it makes you sick
Spain used to smell like onions, ajo and olive oil
but now it’s just tobacco and more tobacco
they make a little bottle of beer last all night
and maybe a bag of chips but smoke a pack
without thinking everyone so depressed
if it wasn’t for the futbol they’d all kill themselves
the futbol and how upset their families would be
and God who still butts into everyone?s business

Posted: 04 June 2010 11:42 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-06-23
Fruity - 04 June 2010 08:00 PM

Hmmm interesting opinion must be an ex-smoker perhaps? I am a smoker and it is nice to know you feel I am smelly and dirty, I could say the same about fat people but I do not, because it hurts people’s feelings, sometimes our opinions need to be kept to ourselves to save the feelings of others, but I guess that is just me being a thoughtful person where their individual right to do what they like should be kept that way!

There is a difference between an overweight person and a smoker, weight of a person has no impact on your health or personal hygiene.

I’m afraid smokers do and since there actions have a bearing on the people around them, I’m afraid they have to accept that the habit they choose places the responsibility on them to either not smoke in that location or move away.

My biggest annoyance is smokers who stand in door ways and smokers who are overweight with feral children running a mock in public places.

Even worse if they have the attitude that they are somehow immune to responsibility.

Signature 

“I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.”

Posted: 04 June 2010 11:44 PM   [ # 11 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-06-23
Marlowe - 04 June 2010 11:36 PM

Jesus they smoke so much it makes you sick
Spain used to smell like onions, ajo and olive oil
but now it’s just tobacco and more tobacco
they make a little bottle of beer last all night
and maybe a bag of chips but smoke a pack
without thinking everyone so depressed
if it wasn’t for the futbol they’d all kill themselves
the futbol and how upset their families would be
and God who still butts into everyone?s business

You don’t remember the black tobacco that nearly every Spaniard smoked since the 1930’s then.

Signature 

Posted: 05 June 2010 02:31 PM   [ # 12 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  166
Joined  2007-07-25

Well I am a considerate smoker and you are putting us all in the same boat, I do NOT stand in chuffing doorways and breathe it all over people OK!

Makes me laugh actually because it is amazing how many people believe everything they read and everything they are being told, it is so easy to blame the smoker and it makes me chuckle

Yeah I am dirty and smelly then, so what!

Smokers and overweight people are similar in my eyes, smokers get blamed for anything and everything and they keep saying we should not cover them on the NHS, well overweight is the same you are doing something to your body which is not right, so on those terms smoking and over weight are the same

“weight of a person has no impact on your health”

Are you absolutely kidding me! If you are going to sit there and say smoking affects the health but being over weight does not then I suggest you go back to Google and find out what being over weight does, heart disease being a major factor! (priceless)

Just to mention a few
  *  type 2 diabetes
  * coronary heart disease and stroke
  * metabolic syndrome
  * certain types of cancer
  * sleep apnea
  * osteoarthritis
  * gallbladder disease
  * fatty liver disease
  * pregnancy complications

Oh well, there we have it, it is official I am dirty and smelly LOL!

Signature 

Scoliosis Support Network
Online Gaming Jobs

Posted: 05 June 2010 03:59 PM   [ # 13 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-06-23

I thought I made it clear in my post that overweight people have no impact on others, someone eating 20 burgers will not damage the health of the person next to them, unless they fart.

I would love to see the new ad for quitting put into reality, in which the smoker is encased into an air tight bubble and can puff away till there lungs implode.

My reason for not smoking has nothing to do with the media, the smell, the cost,health implications, only that in my logical head it just does not make any sense to smoke.

I had a call to a house the other day, the guy asked if I mind if he smoked, I have no issue what a smoker does in private, but in public if it affects me then yes I have an issue, the same issue I’d have if someone threw up on me or spat on me.

Signature 

Posted: 05 June 2010 09:35 PM   [ # 14 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  235
Joined  2007-04-25

It’s going to be interesting to see the economic impact this has on bars and restaurants. Not all of them have outside areas available to their clients.

One particular bar owner I know, who doesn’t smoke himself, is waiting to see how stringently enforced the laws will be, before deciding the future of his business. In his village, his is the only one with no outside area available. It’s also one of the busier bars currently. If the law changes are stringently enforced, it’s inevitable that the larger majority of his customers will go to the other bars instead, likely putting him out of business.

Personally, I believe the whole issue is about freedom of choice. Owners of establishments and their customers for the most part, have had the opportunity to decide for themselves thus far. Essentially, be it here or other countries, I believe that owners of business’ should be given the choice to decide themselves if they want to allow smoking, or ban it, in what is essentially their property. Likewise, as currently seems to be evident, they should make it clear at entrances to their properties, if they allow or prohibit smoking.

If governments and local authorities rule that smoking should be prohibited in public spaces and establishments they own, fine. That’s their decision. It should never be enforced upon private property owners, without due consideration of the wider implications, not least economic, during times which are tough enough for many.

Signature 

Visit our website - http://www.granadapropertyreform.com

“Dedicated to making your Spanish house a home”

Posted: 05 June 2010 11:55 PM   [ # 15 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-06-04
Santi - 04 June 2010 11:44 PM
Marlowe - 04 June 2010 11:36 PM

You don’t remember the black tobacco that nearly every Spaniard smoked since the 1930’s then.

Oh sure, tobacco and Spain have always gone together but on this last trip I noticed that smoking has become a huge stress reliever for the state of the economy… smoking, futbol and chismes are keeping the country going.